Acciona Energía Internacional S.A.: Represented Acciona Energía Internacional S.A., one of Spain's leaders in renewable energy, water and services and infrastructure development, in its €157 million sale of its German wind park portfolio to Swiss energy company Swisspower Renewables AG.
Apex Energy: Advised management of Apex Energy, LLC in the formation of a strategic partnership with Apollo Global Management to invest in oil and gas properties in the Appalachian Basin.
Bayou City Energy: Represented Bayou City Energy in a DrillCo transaction between its affiliate, BCE Roadrunner LLC, and Chaparral Energy, L.L.C. to jointly develop Chaparral’s STACK acreage in Canadian and Garfield Counties, Oklahoma.
Bloomberg L.P.: Advised Bloomberg L.P. in the development of The Bloomberg – JFK Airport Park Solar Project, a state-of-the-art solar project that will enable Bloomberg's global headquarters in midtown Manhattan and its downtown data center to partially convert to clean solar energy.
Brookfield/Westinghouse: Represented Brookfield Business Partners in its acquisition of Westinghouse Electric Company, a market-leading nuclear power service, for approximately $4.6 billion.
Capital Constellation/Ara Partners: Represented Capital Constellation in its $150 million strategic partnership with Ara Partners Group, whereby Capital Constellation will acquire a substantial minority ownership interest in Ara Partners and provide the firm and its affiliates with significant investment capital.
Carnelian Energy Capital LP/Percussion Petroleum LLC: Represented Carnelian Energy Capital LP in its capital commitment to Percussion Petroleum LLC, an independent oil and natural gas company based in Houston.
Carnelian Energy Capital Management/SandPoint Resources/Veritas Permian: Represented Carnelian Energy Capital II, L.P., a fund managed by Carnelian Energy Capital Management, in connection with equity commitments to upstream oil and gas companies SandPoint Resources, LLC and Veritas Permian II, LLC.
Cartesian Capital Group/Westport Innovations: Represented Cartesian Capital Group LLC in its investment in Westport Innovations Inc., a Canadian company engineering the world's most advanced natural gas engines and vehicles.
Celsia SA/GDF Suez: Represented Celsia SA, Colombia’s fourth-largest power producer, in its $840 million acquisition of stakes in seven power plants in Panama and Costa Rica from GDF Suez.
Colony Capital/HB2 Energy: Represented Colony Capital in its joint venture with HB2 Energy to form Colony HB2 Energy, an energy-focused investment management platform.
Cubera/RigNet/KKR: Represented Cubera in the sale of a significant minority stake in upstream energy technology company RigNet, Inc. to funds advised or controlled by global private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.
Drillinginfo/Insight Venture Partners/Genstar Capital: Represented oil and gas data intelligence provider Drillinginfo, a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners, in its sale to Genstar Capital.
Freedom Oil & Gas/Ramus Capital: Represented Ramas Capital Management, LLC in the formation of Ramas Energy Capital I, L.P. and the consummation of its initial investment in Freedom Oil & Gas Ltd.
Global Energy Capital: Serve as fund counsel to Global Energy Capital, a global energy services fund headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Irving Place Capital: Represented Irving Place Capital in the restructuring of its oil and gas partnership with NGP.
Juniper Capital/BoomTown Oil: Represented Juniper Capital in its strategic partnership with BoomTown Oil with respect to Eagle Ford Shale upstream oil and gas projects.
Juniper Capital: Represented Juniper in multiple oil and gas transactions and portfolio company investments, including equity-line management team arrangements, cash and carry asset-level joint ventures and oil and gas acquisitions. Represented Juniper portfolio companies in a variety of oil and gas transactions.
Kalnin Ventures/Warren Resources: Represented Kalnin Ventures LLC in the $105 million acquisition of Marcellus Shale assets from Warren Resources in northeastern Pennsylvania’s Wyoming County.
Lime Rock Partners: Represented Lime Rock in the following matters:
- E&P Companies: Represented Lime Rock in various E&P and coal “equity line” arrangements with management teams.
- Funds IV and V: Served as fund counsel to Lime Rock’s two most recent funds.
- SDI Gas: Represented Lime Rock in its LBO of SDI Gas, a Pennsylvania-based oilfield service company operating in the Marcellus and Utica Shales.
- UTEC: Represented Lime Rock in its LBO of UTEC, a Houston/Aberdeen-based subsea equipment manufacturer.
Maritime Finance Company/KKR: Represented Maritime Finance Co., a specialty finance company created to lend to the maritime industry, and its founders, Kristan Bodden and Gabriel Tolchinsky, in the company’s $580 million capitalization by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and MerchCap Solutions LLC.
Millennial Energy Partners: Serve as fund counsel and represented MEP in all of its oil and gas A&D transactions and joint ventures, including acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures in the STACK play.
Newpek/Texas Sinor Nest Oil Assets: Represented Newpek LLC in its sale, along with joint venture partner Pioneer Natural Resources Co., of upstream oil and gas assets located in the Sinor Nest Field (Lower Wilcox) in Live Oak County in South Texas.
Quantum Energy Partners: Represented Quantum Energy Partners in the following matters:
- Gulf Coast Energy Resources: Represented Quantum as a co-investor with Warburg Pincus in the formation of Gulf Coast Energy Resources.
- Legion II: Represented Quantum in various structuring aspects of Legion II, a Quantum portfolio company.
Riverstone Holdings LLC: Represented energy and power-focused private equity firm Riverstone Holdings in the following matters:
- Legend Production Holdings: Represented Riverstone in the combination of Legend Production Holdings with KKR’s Premier Natural Resources. The combined company is now called Trinity River.
- Liberty Resources I and II; Liberty Oilfield Services: Represented Riverstone in the formation of its Denver-based oil and gas portfolio companies Liberty Resources and Liberty Oilfield Services.
- Advised Liberty Resources, headed by Chris Wright, in the “re-up” of management in Liberty Resources II.
- Advised Liberty Resources I in its definitive agreement to sell oil and gas property in the Bakken to Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. for $660 million.
- Represented Liberty Resources II in its $455 million acquisition of oil and gas assets in North Dakota's Williston Basin.
- Represented Liberty Oilfield Services in its acquisition of the U.S. fracturing, coiled tubing and cementing assets of Sanjel Corporation.
- Proserv Group: Represent Riverstone in its recent acquisition of Proserv Group Inc., a global engineered products and services business focused on the offshore and subsea markets, from private equity firm Intervale Capital. Advised Proserv in its acquisition of Nautronix.
- Rover Petroleum: Represented Riverstone in its up to $250 million equity commitment to Rover Petroleum, a newly formed, Dallas-based oil and gas company. Represented Rover Petroleum in a number oil and gas acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Vantage Energy/Rice Energy: Represented Riverstone Holdings LLC, one of the major investors in Vantage Energy, in the sale of Vantage Energy I and II to Rice Energy, Inc. for approximately $2.7 billion.
Sage Midstream Ventures/Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners: Represented Sage Midstream Ventures in its equity commitment of up to $500 million from Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners.
Samson Resource II/Rockcliff Energy II: Represented Samson Resources II, LLC, a privately held onshore exploration and production company, in the $525 million sale of its East Texas and North Louisiana Assets to Houston-based oil and gas company Rockcliff Energy II LLC.
Silver Creek/Genesis Energy: Represented Silver Creek Midstream in its $300 million leveraged buyout of Genesis Energy L.P.’s midstream energy business located in the Powder River Basin; and $600 million equity commitment from the newly formed joint venture between Tailwater Capital LLC and The Energy & Minerals Group.
Silver Creek/Tailwater Capital: Represented Silver Creek Midstream in its equity commitment upsize from $150 million to $300 million by Tailwater Energy Fund III and certain co-investors to build out a 100%-owned crude gathering system in Wyoming’s Powder River Basin.
SpringBok Energy/NGP: Represented Dallas-based Springbok Energy Partners, LLC in its joint venture with Natural Gas Partners (NGP) to pursue investments in mineral and royalty interests.
Technip/Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions Germany: Represented global energy industry project management, engineering and construction company Technip in its acquisition of Zimmer polymer technology business from Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions Germany.
The CapStreet Group, LLC/T.F. Hudgins Holdings, LLC/Allied Reliability Group Holdings, LLC: Represented The CapStreet Group in the combination of portfolio company T.F. Hudgins Holdings and Allied Reliability Group Holdings.
Third Point/Exco Resources: Represented Third Point with its PIPEs investment in Exco Resources.
Trident Energy/Hess: Represented Trident Energy, a Warburg Pincus portfolio company, in its acquisition of an interest in oil exploration and production assets offshore Equatorial Guinea from Hess.
Westport/Fuel Systems Solutions: Represented Westport in its merger with Fuel Systems Solutions to create a premier alternative fuel vehicle and engine company.
Yildirim Group: Represented Yildirim Group in several transactions in Latin America including the acquisition of coal-mining assets in Colombia from CCX Carvao da Colombia SA (a unit of Eike Batista).