Anna Martini G. Pereira is a partner in Willkie's Corporate & Financial Services Practice Group. She is also a part of the leadership of the firm's Latin America Practice Group.
Anna advises US and international companies on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and private equity transactions, including complex cross-border transactions. She has experience in various industries, including financial institutions, technology, and consumer goods.
Anna has been recognized by Latinvex as a "Top 100 Female Lawyer" for her excellence in Corporate/M&A (2022, 2021). In addition, the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) has consistently named Anna among the region's leading business lawyers for Corporate/M&A since 2017.
Anna is originally from Brazil and is a native English and Portuguese speaker. She is also proficient in Spanish and French.
Anna has advised on the following significant matters:
- Bending Spoons in its acquisition of Evernote.
- Avenue, a leading U.S. brokerage for Brazilian investors, in its sale of an initial 35% stake, and subsequent controlling stake, to Itaú Unibanco.
- Full In Partners in its Series B investment in AutoRABIT.
- Lakeside Book Company, an Atlas Holdings platform company, in its acquisition of Phoenix Color Corp.
- Full In Partners in the sale of ServiceCore to Mainsail Partners.
- Greycroft as lead investor in equity funding for Latin America digital lender Addi.
- Insight Partners as co-lead investor in the $500 million Series E investment in Nuvemshop, Latin America's leading e-commerce platform with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico.
- Jaguar Growth Partners, a private equity firm that focuses on real estate investments in emerging markets, and its affiliates in connection with the formation of Colombian Healthcare Properties, a company that specializes in the acquisition and management of healthcare real estate properties in Colombia.
- Genstar Capital in its agreement to acquire a majority stake in Foreside Financial Group, and Foreside’s subsequent acquisition of ACA Group
- Co-founder Michele Levy in the sale of clean beauty brand Costa Brazil to Amyris.
- Union Square Ventures in a Series B investment for Latin America digital lender ADDI.
- Keyfactor, an Insight Partners portfolio company, in its merger with PrimeKey under the Keyfactor brand.
- Growth equity fund Full In Partners in several acquisitions and investments, including its acquisition of Cybot, a Denmark-based startup that provides automated ePrivacy services to website operators; its investment in Servicore, a leading provider of business management software for the liquidate waste industry; and its investment in Autorabit, a provider of enterprise-grade cloud DevOps solutions for the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm Accel in its investment in Flink, the leading app-based consumer trading platform in Mexico.
- Atlas Holdings in its acquisitions of global contractor Permasteelisa, wire 1 manufacturer and marketer International Wire Group Holdings and LSC Communications, a commercial print and digital media solutions company.
- BNP Paribas Cardif in the negotiation of a long-term bancassurance strategic alliance in Latin America with Scotiabank.
- Vilmorin & Cie, one of the world’s leading seed companies, in its acquisition of two independent South American seed companies, Sursem (Argentina) and Geneze (Brazil) from Pampa Capital.
- TriTech Software, a leading public safety software developer, in its recapitalization by Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Weener Plastics Group and 3i in Weener’s acquisition of Proenfar.
- Zurich Insurance Group in the acquisition of Australian insurer QBE in Latin America for $409 million.
- Zurich Insurance Group in its agreement to acquire 19 travel assistance providers in Latin America, positioning its Cover-More Group as the leader in global travel insurance and assistance in the region.
- Affiliate of Insight Venture Partners in the sale of its interest in MV Participacoes S.A.
- MMX Mineração e Metálicos S.A.: US$ 400 million investment by Trafigura (commodities international trader) and Mubadala (Abu Dhabi fund) into MMX Porto Sudeste do Brasil S.A.*
- B2W - Companhia Digital, in its private placement of R$ 2.38 billion of shares to Lojas Americanas S.A., its controlling shareholder, and Tiger Global.*
- Brazil-based tax and accounting software company Folhamatic Group in its sale to UK-based Sage Group.*
- Affiliates of Insight Venture Partners, in their investments in, Hotel Urbano S.A., MV Participacoes S.A. and Elo7 Ltd.*
* Anna advised on these matters at a prior firm.