Anna Martini G. Pereira is an associate in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. She is also a member of the firm’s Latin America practice. Anna’s focus includes mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions, including cross-border transactions.
The Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) has consistently named Anna among the region’s leading business lawyers for Corporate/M&A (2017 – 2020).
Anna is fluent in English and Portuguese, and is proficient in Spanish and French.
Anna has advised on the following significant matters:
- BNP Paribas Cardif in the negotiation of a long-term bancassurance strategic alliance in Latin America with Scotiabank.
- Atlas Holdings in its acquisition of wire manufacturer and marketer International Wire Group Holdings
- Vilmorin & Cie, one of the world’s leading seed companies, in its acquisition of two independent South American seed companies, Sursem (Argentina) and Geneze (Brazil) from Pampa Capital.
- TriTech Software, a leading public safety software developer, in its recapitalization by Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Weener Plastics Group and 3i in Weener’s acquisition of Proenfar.
- Zurich Insurance Group in the acquisition of Australian insurer QBE in Latin America for $409 million.
- Zurich Insurance Group in its agreement to acquire 19 travel assistance providers in Latin America, positioning its Cover-More Group as the leader in global travel insurance and assistance in the region.
- Affiliate of Insight Venture Partners in the sale of its interest in MV Participacoes S.A.
- MMX Mineração e Metálicos S.A.: US$ 400 million investment by Trafigura (commodities international trader) and Mubadala (Abu Dhabi fund) into MMX Porto Sudeste do Brasil S.A.*
- B2W - Companhia Digital, in its private placement of R$ 2.38 billion of shares to Lojas Americanas S.A., its controlling shareholder, and Tiger Global.*
- Brazil-based tax and accounting software company Folhamatic Group in its sale to UK-based Sage Group.*
- Affiliates of Insight Venture Partners, in their investments in, Hotel Urbano S.A., MV Participacoes S.A. and Elo7 Ltd.*
* Anna advised on these matters at a prior firm.