A2iA/Mitek: Represented A2iA in connection with its acquisition by Mitek, a global leader in digital identity verification solutions.
A Place for Mom/General Atlantic and Silver Lake/Warburg Pincus: Represented A Place for Mom, North America's largest network connecting families to senior living service providers, in its acquisition by private equity firms Silver Lake and General Atlantic from Warburg Pincus.
Acumatica/EQT: Represented U.S. cloud-based software vendor Acumatica in its sale to EQT.
Affinitiv, Inc./Loop LLC: Represented Affinitiv, Inc., a portfolio company of CIP Capital, in its merger with Loop LLC (dba AutoLoop), creating the largest provider of data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle.
Alpega Group/wtransnet: Represented Alpega Group, a leading global logistics software company based in Belgium, in its acquisition of wtransnet, the leading freight exchange in Spain and Portugal.
Anaqua/Astorg: Represented Anaqua, the leading provider of innovation and IP management, in its sale to Astorg, a leading European private equity firm.
Appriss/The Retail Equation: Represented Appriss Inc., a leading provider of data, risk assessment and analytic solutions for government, health information and the consumer industries, in its acquisition of The Retail Equation, a provider of predictive analytics for retail businesses.
Aquiline Capital Partners/Fenergo: Advised Aquiline Capital Partners in an investment in Fenergo, the leading provider of client lifecycle management software solutions for investment banks, capital market firms and private banks.
Aquiline Capital Partners/OmegaFi: Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in its investment in OmegaFi, the leading provider of financial, membership management, and fundraising software and support solutions for college fraternities and sororities across the United States.
Aquiline Capital Partners/OSG Billing Services: Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of OSG Billing Services to create an omni-channel customer communications hub.
Aquiline Capital Partners/Togetherwork/GI Partners: Represented Aquiline Capital Partners and Togetherwork on the sale of group management software and payments provider Togetherwork to GI Partners.
Ardian/Chal-Tec GmbH: Represented Ardian in its investment in Chal-Tec GmbH, a Berlin-based e-commerce company.
Ardian/Gantner: Represented Ardian in its acquisition of Gantner, the leading international manufacturer of contactless NFC access control, electronic locking and cashless payment applications for the global leisure industry.
Asset International/Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions: Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Asset International in its acquisition of Market Metrics and Matrix Solutions from FactSet.
Axiom/Permira: Represented management of Axiom, the global leader in specialized on-demand legal talent, in a strategic investment from Permira funds.
BISAM/Aquiline Capital Partners/FactSet: Advised BISAM Technologies S.A. and the sellers, led by Aquiline Capital Partners, in their agreement to sell BISAM to FactSet for $205.2 million.
Bridge Growth Partners: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC in the following transactions:
- BackOffice Associates: Represented Bridge Growth Partners in its majority equity investment in BackOffice Associates, the worldwide leader in information governance, data stewardship, and data migration solutions.
- CRGT/Salient: Represented Bridge Growth Partners and CRGT in the merger of CRGT and Salient Federal Solutions, Inc.
- Finalsite: Represented Bridge Growth Partners in its acquisition of Finalsite, a leading SaaS-based learning and communications platform for U.S. and international schools.
- Salient CRGT/Information Innovators: Represented Bridge Growth Partners and Salient CRGT in Salient CRGT’s acquisition of Information Innovators, Inc.
- Solace Systems: Represented Bridge Growth Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in Solace Systems, Inc., a leading provider of infrastructure messaging technology.
Bullhorn/Erecruit: Represented global staffing software provider Bullhorn in its acquisition of Erecruit.
Bynder/Shutterstock Inc./Webdam: Represented Bynder in its acquisition of Shutterstock's digital asset management business Webdam for $49.1 million.
Castik Capital/inet, GmbH Austria: Represented Castik Capital in the acquisition (by funds advised by Castik Capital) of a majority stake in inet, GmbH Austria, an SaaS provider of transportation management systems, from the international transportation and logistics company Gebrüder Weiss.
Castik Capital/Transport Services Unit of Wolters Kluwer: Represented Castik Capital in its acquisition of the Brussels-based transport services unit of Wolters Kluwer, a leading player in transportation management software and freight exchange solutions.
CIP Capital/People 2.0 Global: Represented CIP Capital in its acquisition of People 2.0 Global, LP, a leading business process outsourcer in the human capital services sector.
Cisco/Voicea: Represented worldwide technology leader Cisco in its acquisition of Voicea, a privately held company focused on voice collaboration technology that leverages the power of AI.
Cision Ltd./Platinum Equity: Served as financing legal counsel to Platinum Equity in its $2.74 billion acquisition of Cision Ltd.
CNP/CLS: Represented Compagnie Nationale à Portefeuille (CNP) on the contemplated acquisition of Collecte Localisation Satellites (CLS), an international technology company specializing in providing high value-added solutions based on satellite data.
Conga/Novatus, ActionGrid, CRMCulture: Represented Conga, the leading provider of document and report generation solutions for Salesforce customers, in its acquisitions of Novatus, ActionGrid and CRMCulture.
Covius/Chronos Solutions: Represented Covius, a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital Partners, in its acquisition of Chronos Solutions' credit, verification, REO and auction businesses.
Diligent/Brainloop: Represented Diligent Corporation, a leader in enterprise governance, in its acquisition of Brainloop, a secure communication software provider.
Drillinginfo/Insight Venture Partners/Genstar Capital: Represented oil and gas data intelligence provider Drillinginfo, a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners, in its sale to Genstar Capital.
E2open/Amber Road: Represented E2open in its acquisition of global trade management software provider Amber Road for $425 million.
E2open/INTTRA: Represented E2open in connection with the acquisition of ocean shipping network and software provider INTTRA.
E2open/Orchestro: Represented E2open in its acquisition of Orchestro, the leading provider of demand signal repositories and preemptive analytics for retail and omni-channel fulfillment.
E2open/Zyme: Represented E2open and Zyme, both portfolio companies of Insight Venture Partners, in E2open’s acquisition of Zyme, creating the world’s largest operating network for manufacturing, supply chain and sales operations.
Elliott Management/SIGFOX: Advised Elliott Management as part of an investment group in a €150 million round of financing for French start-up SIGFOX, provider of a cellular network dedicated to the Internet of Things. The transaction was cited as the second-largest fundraising in France to date.
eVestment/Nasdaq/Insight Venture Partners: Represented eVestment, a global provider of institutional investment data intelligence and analytic solutions, in its $705 million sale from Insight Venture Partners to Nasdaq.
FFL Partners/Laurel Solutions/Servelec Technologies: Represented FFL Partners, through its portfolio group Laurel Solutions, in the cross-border acquisition of Servelec Technologies, a market-leading UK provider of remote telemetry units, secure SCADA systems and business optimization software.
Finalsite/School Website: Represented Finalsite, a Bridge Growth Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of School Website, the largest SaaS-based CMS software provider to schools in the UK.
FIS/Capco/CD&R: Represented FIS, a global leader in financial services technology, in its $477 million sale of a majority stake in Capco, its management consulting business, to private investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS in its acquisition of SunGard, a leading financial software company, in a deal valued at $9.1 billion. Also represented FIS in its sale of SunGard’s Public Sector and Education businesses to Vista Equity Partners for $850 million.
FIS/Worldpay: Represented FIS in its $42 billion agreement to merge with Worldpay, Inc., a global leader in eCommerce and payments.
Frontline Education/Thoma Bravo: Represented Frontline Education, an integrated insights partner serving more than 12,000 educational organizations across America, in its acquisition by Thoma Bravo, with Insight Venture Partners retaining a minority stake in the company.
Gantner/Syx Automations: Represented Ardian portfolio company Gantner Electronic Austria Holding GmbH in its acquisition of Syx Automations NV, creating a global provider of comprehensive access, billing and management systems for sport facilities, leisure centers and visitor attractions.
Genstar Capital/IHS Inc.: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of the Operational Excellence & Risk Management (OERM) business of IHS.
Genstar Capital/OEConnection/Providence Equity Partners: Advised Genstar Capital in its acquisition of a majority stake in OEConnection, a leading automotive technology provider for original equipment manufacturer distribution networks, from funds advised by Providence Equity Partners.
GFI Group/BGC Partners: Represented GFI Group in its $778 million sale to BGC Partners. GFI Group Inc. is a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets.
Hawaiian Telcom/Cincinnati Bell/Twin Haven: Represented Twin Haven Capital Partners, LLC, one of the largest stockholders of Hawaiian Telcom, in connection with the approximately $650 million pending merger of Hawaiian Telcom and Cincinnati Bell Inc.
Hudson’s Bay Company/Gilt: Represented Hudson’s Bay Company, owner of Saks Fifth Avenue and other leading department stores, in its $250 million acquisition of leading online shopping destination Gilt.
Hudson’s Bay Company/Rhône Capital/WeWork/WeWork Property Advisors: Represented Hudson’s Bay Company in connection with (i) an equity investment by Rhône Capital of $500 million in the form of 8-year mandatory convertible preferred shares, (ii) its sale of the Lord & Taylor Fifth Avenue building to WeWork Property Advisors in a transaction valued at $850 million, and (iii) agreements with WeWork to lease retail space within select HBC department stores, including Galeria Kaufhof in Frankfurt (named “Private Equity Deal of the Year” at the 2018 IFLR Americas Awards).
IK Investment Partners/Questel: Represented IK Investment Partners in connection with its contemplated acquisition, through its IK VIII Fund, of a stake in Questel, a global leading provider of intellectual property information and management software and services.
Illuminate Education/FastBridge Learning: Represented Illuminate Education, a portfolio company of Insight Partners, in its acquisition of FastBridge Learning.
Insight Partners: Represented this leading private equity and venture capital firm in a number of transactions involving:
- Appriss/Clearlake Capital: Represented Insight and Appriss on Clearlake Capital’s pending equity investment in Appriss.
- Armis: Represented Insight in its acquisition of leading enterprise IoT security firm Armis for $1.1 billion.
- BlaBlaCar: Represented Insight in connection with a $200 million investment round in BlaBlaCar, the world’s largest long-distance ridesharing community.
- BMC Software/KKR: Represented Insight as part of a private investor consortium in the sale of BMC Software to KKR.
- CentralReach: Represented Insight in its significant investment in electronic health record and practice management provider CentralReach.
- Checkmarx: Represented Insight in its $84 million investment in Checkmarx, a leading developer of software solutions used to identify, fix and block security vulnerabilities in web and mobile applications.
- commercetools: Represented Insight in its $145 million investment in Germany’s commercetools, a leader in next-generation commerce software.
- Conga: Represented Insight in its $70 million investment in Conga, the developer of the Conga Suite, the most popular set of document generation and reporting applications for Salesforce.
- Diligent: Represented Insight in its acquisition of New Zealand-based software company Diligent Corporation, a take-private transaction valued at approximately US$624 million.
- E2open: Represented Insight in its $273 million acquisition of E2open, a leading provider of cloud-based, on-demand software solutions.
- Episerver: Represented Insight in its $1.16 billion acquisition of Episerver, a leading marketing technology and digital commerce company.
- Fenergo: Represented Insight in its $75 million investment in Fenergo, a Dublin-based leader in Client Lifecycle Management software solutions for financial institutions.
- Fourth: Represented Insight in its deal to acquire UK-based Fourth, the world’s leading provider of cloud-based cost control solutions to the hospitality industry, from ECI Partners.
- Fourth/HotSchedules: Represented Insight and Fourth in the hospitality technology merger of HotSchedules and Fourth, backed by Marlin Equity Partners and Insight.
- Genesis Partners IV: Represented Insight in the acquisition of a majority of Israeli venture capital fund's Genesis Partners IV portfolio, which is focused on technology-driven companies.
- GetFeedback/Campaign Monitor/SurveyMonkey: Represented Insight, GetFeedback and Campaign Monitor in the sale of GetFeedback to SurveyMonkey.
- GraphPad: Represented Insight in its majority recapitalization of GraphPad Software, Inc., the premier provider of data analysis, statistics and graphing software solutions for scientific research applications.
- HelloFresh: Represented Insight on its investment in HelloFresh, the Berlin and New York City-based meal-kit delivery service.
- HomeToGo: Represented Insight in its investment in HomeToGo, the world’s largest search engine for vacation rentals.
- Hotel Urbano/Priceline Group: Advised Insight, Hotel Urbano’s major institutional shareholder, in connection with Hotel Urbano’s strategic relationship with an investment from The Priceline Group. Hotel Urbano is one of Brazil's largest and fastest growing online travel companies. The Priceline Group is the world leader in online travel and related services. In connection with the partnership agreement, The Priceline Group made a $60 million investment in exchange for a minority interest in Hotel Urbano.
- Illuminate Education/SchoolCity/IO Education/Alpine Achievement: Represented Insight and Illuminate Education in Illuminate’s acquisition of SchoolCity, IO Education and Alpine Achievement.
- Jama Software: Advised Insight in connection with a $200 million investment in Jama Software, a product development platform provider for companies building complex products and integrated systems.
- Kinnser Software/Mediware: Represented Insight and Kinnser Software, Inc., the leading provider of software solutions for home health and hospice providers, in the sale of Kinnser to TPG Capital-backed Mediware Information Systems, Inc.
- Ministry Brands: Represented Insight in its investment in Ministry Brands, the country's leading SaaS provider for churches, parachurch ministries and other faith-based organizations in the United States.
- N26: Represented Insight in connection with a $300 million funding round for N26.
- PayIt: Represented Insight in its investment in state and local government payment platform PayIt.
- PDI: Represented Insight in its investment in PDI, a leading global provider of enterprise software solutions to the convenience retail, wholesale petroleum and logistics industries.
- Property Brands: Represented Insight in its investment in Property Brands, a leading provider of property management technology solutions.
- Recorded Future: Represented Insight in its acquisition of threat intelligence company Recorded Future for $780 million.
- Resolve Systems: Represented Insight in its acquisition of Resolve Systems, a leading enterprise security and IT incident response platform.
- SpotHero: Represented Insight in leading a $20 million investment round in SpotHero, the #1 ranking on-demand parking service.
- Tenable Network Security: Represented Insight in connection with a $250 million funding round for Tenable, one of the largest funding rounds completed for a private security company.
- Thycotic: Represented Insight in its investment in Thycotic, a leader in the IT security solutions space.
- Tink: Represented Insight in its investment in open banking platform Tink.
- Tricentis: Represented Insight in its $165 million investment in Tricentis, a software testing company.
- Veeam Software: Represented Insight and Veeam Software in a $500 million investment by Insight in Veeam and Insight's later acquisition of Veeam Software for $5 billion.
- Virgin Pulse: Represented Insight in its $92 million control investment in Virgin Pulse, a designer of technology that cultivates good lifestyle habits for employees and is part of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group.
- WorkForce Software/Evergreen Coast Capital: Represented Insight and WorkForce Software on Workforce’s significant equity investment received from Evergreen Coast Capital.
- WorkForce Software/Workplace: Represented Insight and WorkForce Software in WorkForce’s acquisition of Workplace.
- Zyme: Represented Insight in its acquisition of a majority stake in leading channel data management company Zyme, in a transaction valued at over $100 million.
Inspired Gaming Group/Hydra Industries Acquisition Corp.: Represented Inspired Gaming Group (as U.S. counsel) in its acquisition by Hydra Industries Acquisition Corp. from funds managed by Vitruvian Partners LLP and co-investors, a transaction reflecting a £200 million valuation of Inspired.
IO Data Centers/Iron Mountain: Represented IO Data Centers LLC, a leading colocation data center services provider, in the sale of its business to Iron Mountain Incorporated for a purchase price of $1.34 billion.
Jagex Limited/Shanghai Hongtou Network Technology Co., Ltd.: Represented Jagex Limited in its acquisition by Shanghai Hongtou Network Technology Co., Ltd.
LiveAction/Savvius: Represented LiveAction, a visionary provider of IT network management, visualization, and analytics software in its acquisition of Savvius, Inc., a leading provider of packet-capture and analytics appliances and software forensic solutions.
LOGICnow/SolarWinds: Represented LOGICnow in its acquisition by SolarWinds.
Mailjet/Mailgun: Represented Mailjet and its shareholders on its acquisition by Mailgun, a leading email delivery platform backed by Thoma Bravo.
Maxburg Beteiligungen III GmbH & Co. KG/KGS Software: Represented Maxburg Beteiligungen III GmbH & Co. KG on the acquisition of KGS Software, an established international software provider for SAP document archiving and data management.
Moore Frères & Company/Opera TV: Represented Moore Frères & Company in its acquisition of Opera TV, the global leader in enabling the TV and media industry's transition to over-the-top (OTT) content.
New Mountain Capital/Sparta Systems/Thoma Bravo: Represented New Mountain Capital LLC in its acquisition of Sparta Systems, Inc., a global leader in quality management system (QMS) software, from Thoma Bravo.
Ontellus/Aquiline Capital Partners/The CapStreet Group: Represented leading record retrieval provider Ontellus, a portfolio company of The CapStreet Group, in its acquisition by Aquiline Capital Partners.
OSG Billing Services/Microdynamics Group: Represented OSG Billing Services in its acquisition of Microdynamics Group, a provider of integrated, multichannel transactional print and electronic solutions.
Parallels/Plesk/Oakley Capital: Represented Parallels Holdings Limited, a global leader in IT solutions, in the carve-out and $105 million sale of its Switzerland-based web server and website administration platform, Plesk, to Oakley Capital.
PayScale/Francisco Partners/Warburg Pincus: Represented PayScale, the leader in cloud compensation data and software-as-a-service (SaaS), in its $325 million sale to Francisco Partners by Warburg Pincus.
PayScale/MarketPay: Represented PayScale in its merger with MarketPay.
peakwork AG/TUI Ventures: Represented peakwork AG and its shareholders in an investment by TUI Ventures.
Seaport Capital/All Traffic Data: Represented Seaport Capital in its strategic investment in data collection provider All Traffic Data.
Seaport Capital/Net Access: Represented Seaport Capital in its sale of Net Access to Cologix.
Shutterstock Inc./Rex Features/PremiumBeat: Represented Shutterstock Inc. in two transactions announced the same day, the agreement to acquire Rex Features, the largest independently owned photographic press agency in Europe, and the agreement to acquire PremiumBeat, a leading provider of exclusive, high-quality music and sound effects for use in videos, films, television, apps, games, and other creative projects.
SmartBear/Francisco Partners: Represented SmartBear Software, the leader in software quality tools for teams, in its acquisition by Francisco Partners.
Soros’s Ukrainian Redevelopment Fund/Ciklum: Represented Soros’s Ukrainian Redevelopment Fund in its acquisition of a significant equity stake in Ciklum, a leading global IT service provider with operations in the Ukraine and throughout Europe and Asia.
SourceHOV Holdings, Inc./Novitex Holdings, Inc./Quinpario Acquisition Corp.: Represented SourceHOV in its $2.8 billion merger agreement with Novitex and Quinpario to form Exela Technologies.
symplr/The CapStreet Group: Represented leading SaaS provider symplr, a portfolio company of The CapStreet Group, in its recapitalization led by Pamlico Capital and existing investors.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc./Kerbal Space Program: Represented Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., in its acquisition of Kerbal Space Program, a critically acclaimed space simulation program.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc./Social Point S.L.: Represented Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in its acquisition of mobile game developer Social Point S.L. for $250 million, with a potential earn-out of up to $25.9 million.
Temenos/Kony: Represented Kony Inc., the fast growing U.S. #1 digital banking SaaS company, in its acquisition by Switzerland-based banking software company Temenos for up to $580 million.
The CapStreet Group/PCS Software: Represented CapStreet in its majority recapitalization of PCS Software, Inc., a provider of transportation management software for the inland trucking industry.
The CapStreet Group/Surgical Notes: Represented CapStreet in the completion of its majority recapitalization of Surgical Notes LLC, a group of Texas-based companies that provide healthcare coding and billing services.
TriTech Software/Bain Capital Private Equity: Represented TriTech Software, a leading public safety software developer, in its recapitalization by Bain Capital Private Equity.
Virgin Pulse/Marlin Equity Partners: Represented Virgin Pulse in its sale to Marlin Equity Partners.
Voalte/Hill-Rom: Represented Voalte, a pioneer and leader in real-time, mobile healthcare communications, in its sale to global medical technology company Hill-Rom for $180 million.
Wallapop/letgo: Represented Wallapop in its merger with letgo, combining the U.S. operations of two leading mobile classifieds start-ups.
Warburg Pincus: Represented the private equity firm in a number of its investment-related transactions in the technology industry, including:
- Dude Solutions: Represented Warburg in its sale of software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider Dude Solutions to Clearlake Capital Group. Also represented Warburg in its $100 million investment in Dude Solutions.
- Slickdeals/Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division/Hearst: Represented Warburg in its sale of online deal site Slickdeals to Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division and Hearst.