A2iA/Mitek: Represented A2iA in connection with its acquisition by Mitek, a global leader in digital identity verification solutions.
A Place for Mom/General Atlantic and Silver Lake/Warburg Pincus: Represented A Place for Mom, North America's largest network connecting families to senior living service providers, in its acquisition by private equity firms Silver Lake and General Atlantic from Warburg Pincus.
Appriss/The Retail Equation: Represented Appriss Inc., a leading provider of data, risk assessment and analytic solutions for government, health information and the consumer industries, in its acquisition of The Retail Equation, a provider of predictive analytics for retail businesses.
Aquiline Capital Partners/Fenergo: Advised Aquiline Capital Partners in an investment in Fenergo, the leading provider of client lifecycle management software solutions for investment banks, capital market firms and private banks.
Aquiline Capital Partners/OmegaFi: Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in its investment in OmegaFi, the leading provider of financial, membership management, and fundraising software and support solutions for college fraternities and sororities across the United States.
Aquiline Capital Partners/OSG Billing Services: Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of OSG Billing Services to create an omni-channel customer communications hub.
Aquiline Capital Partners/Togetherwork/GI Partners: Represented Aquiline Capital Partners and Togetherwork on the sale of group management software and payments provider Togetherwork to GI Partners.
Ardian/Chal-Tec GmbH: Represented Ardian in its investment in Chal-Tec GmbH, a Berlin-based e-commerce company.
Ardian/Gantner: Represented Ardian in its acquisition of Gantner, the leading international manufacturer of contactless NFC access control, electronic locking and cashless payment applications for the global leisure industry.
Asset International/Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions: Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Asset International in its acquisition of Market Metrics and Matrix Solutions from FactSet.
BeyondTrust/Veritas/Insight: Represented leading cybersecurity solution provider BeyondTrust in its sale to Veritas Capital from Insight Venture Partners.
BISAM/Aquiline Capital Partners/FactSet: Advised BISAM Technologies S.A. and the sellers, led by Aquiline Capital Partners, in their agreement to sell BISAM to FactSet for $205.2 million.
Bridge Growth Partners/BackOffice Associates: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC in its majority equity investment in BackOffice Associates, the worldwide leader in information governance, data stewardship, and data migration solutions.
Bridge Growth Partners/CRGT: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC in its acquisition of CRGT, a leading provider of custom software and data analytics to federal agencies, from an affiliate of Veritas Capital.
Bridge Growth Partners/CRGT/Salient: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC and CRGT, a full life‐cycle IT services provider for the Federal Government, in the merger of CRGT and Salient Federal Solutions, Inc.
Bridge Growth Partners/Finalsite: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Finalsite, a leading SaaS-based learning and communications platform for U.S. and international schools.
Bridge Growth Partners/Salient CRGT/Information Innovators: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC and Salient CRGT in Salient CRGT’s acquisition of Information Innovators, Inc.
Bridge Growth Partners/Solace Systems: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC in its acquisition of a majority interest in Solace Systems, Inc., a leading provider of infrastructure messaging technology.
Bynder/Shutterstock Inc./Webdam: Represented Bynder in its acquisition of Shutterstock's digital asset management business Webdam for $49.1 million.
Castik Capital/inet, GmbH Austria: Represented Castik Capital in the acquisition (by funds advised by Castik Capital) of a majority stake in inet, GmbH Austria, an SaaS provider of transportation management systems, from the international transportation and logistics company Gebrüder Weiss.
Castik Capital/Transport Services Unit of Wolters Kluwer: Represented Castik Capital in its acquisition of the Brussels-based transport services unit of Wolters Kluwer, a leading player in transportation management software and freight exchange solutions.
Clear2Pay/FIS: Represented Brussels-based Clear2Pay, the international technology provider of next generation payment solutions for financial institutions, in its €375 million (approximately $493 million) acquisition by FIS, the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology solutions and a global leader in consulting and outsourcing solutions.
Conga/Novatus, ActionGrid, CRMCulture: Represented Conga, the leading provider of document and report generation solutions for Salesforce customers, in its acquisitions of Novatus, ActionGrid and CRMCulture.
Cubera/RigNet/KKR: Represented Cubera in the sale of a significant minority stake in upstream energy communications technology company RigNet, Inc. to funds advised or controlled by global private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.
Drillinginfo/Insight Venture Partners/Genstar Capital: Represented oil and gas data intelligence provider Drillinginfo, a portfolio company of Insight Venture Partners, in its sale to Genstar Capital.
E2open/Orchestro: Represented E2open, an Insight Venture Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Orchestro, the leading provider of demand signal repositories and preemptive analytics for retail and omni-channel fulfillment.
E2open/Zyme: Represented E2open and Zyme, both portfolio companies of Insight Venture Partners, in E2open’s acquisition of Zyme, creating the world’s largest operating network for manufacturing, supply chain and sales operations.
Ekkio Capital/Compagnie des Vacances: Advised Ekkio Capital in the acquisition of a minority stake in Compagnie des Vacances.
Elliott Management/SIGFOX: Advised Elliott Management as part of an investment group in a €150 million round of financing for French start-up SIGFOX, provider of a cellular network dedicated to the Internet of Things. The transaction was cited as the second-largest fundraising in France to date.
eVestment/Nasdaq/Insight Venture Partners: Represented eVestment, a global provider of institutional investment data intelligence and analytic solutions, in its $705 million sale from Insight Venture Partners to Nasdaq.
Fidelity National Information Services, Inc./SunGard: Represented Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS) in its agreement to sell SunGard’s Public Sector and Education businesses to Vista Equity Partners for $850 million.
Finalsite/School Website: Represented Finalsite, a Bridge Growth Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of School Website, the largest SaaS-based CMS software provider to schools in the UK.
FIS/Capco/CD&R: Represented FIS, a global leader in financial services technology, in its $477 million sale of a majority stake in Capco, its management consulting business, to private investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS, the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology solutions, in its agreement to acquire SunGard, a leading financial software company, in a deal valued at $9.1 billion.
Frontline Education/Thoma Bravo: Represented Frontline Education, an integrated insights partner serving more than 12,000 educational organizations across America, in its acquisition by Thoma Bravo, with Insight Venture Partners retaining a minority stake in the company.
Gantner/Syx Automations: Represented Ardian portfolio company Gantner Electronic Austria Holding GmbH in its acquisition of Syx Automations NV, creating a global provider of comprehensive access, billing and management systems for sport facilities, leisure centers and visitor attractions.
Genstar/Case Interactive Media/Asset International: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Case Interactive Media/Asset International, a leading provider of data, information and marketing solutions to the global asset management industry.
Genstar Capital/IHS Inc.: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of the Operational Excellence & Risk Management (OERM) business of IHS.
GFI Group/BGC Partners: Represented GFI Group in its $778 million sale to BGC Partners. GFI Group Inc. is a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets.
GFI Software/TeamViewer: Represented GFI Software in its sale of TeamViewer, a leading global provider of secure remote support software and online meetings, to Permira, one of Europe’s largest private equity funds.
Hawaiian Telcom/Cincinnati Bell/Twin Haven: Represented Twin Haven Capital Partners, LLC, one of the largest stockholders of Hawaiian Telcom, in connection with the approximately $650 million pending merger of Hawaiian Telcom and Cincinnati Bell Inc.
Hudson’s Bay Company/Gilt: Represented Hudson’s Bay Company, owner of Saks Fifth Avenue and other leading department stores, in its $250 million acquisition of leading online shopping destination Gilt.
Hudson’s Bay Company/Rhône Capital/WeWork/WeWork Property Advisors: Represented Hudson’s Bay Company in connection with (i) an equity investment by Rhône Capital of $500 million in the form of 8-year mandatory convertible preferred shares, (ii) its agreement to sell the Lord & Taylor Fifth Avenue building to WeWork Property Advisors in a transaction valued at $850 million (following which the Lord & Taylor flagship store is intended to be converted into WeWork’s New York headquarters, WeWork office space, and a redesigned Lord & Taylor store of approximately 150,000 sq. ft.), and (iii) agreements with WeWork to lease retail space within select HBC department stores, including Galeria Kaufhof in Frankfurt (named “Private Equity Deal of the Year” at the 2018 IFLR Americas Awards).
IK Investment Partners/Questel: Represented IK Investment Partners in connection with its contemplated acquisition, through its IK VIII Fund, of a stake in Questel, a global leading provider of intellectual property information and management software and services.
Insight Venture Partners: Represented this leading private equity and venture capital firm in a number of transactions involving:
- AirWatch: Advised Insight, as lead investor, in the $200 million investment in AirWatch®, the global leader and innovator in mobile device security and Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) technology.
- AirWatch/VMware: Represented investors Insight and Accel Partners in the $1.54 billion sale of AirWatch, a leading provider of enterprise mobile management and security solutions, to VMware, Inc.
- BlaBlaCar: Represented Insight in connection with a $200 million investment round in BlaBlaCar, the world’s largest long-distance ridesharing community.
- BMC Software: Represented Insight in the successful $6.9 billion consortium acquisition of BMC Software.
- BMC Software/KKR: Represented Insight as part of a private investor consortium in the sale of BMC Software to KKR.
- Bullhorn: Represented Insight in its investment in Bullhorn, the cloud computing company that helps staffing and recruiting organizations transform their businesses.
- Campaign Monitor: Represented Insight in its $250 million investment in Sydney-based Campaign Monitor, a global leader in SaaS-based email marketing and design solutions.
- CentralReach: Represented Insight in its significant investment in electronic health record and practice management provider CentralReach.
- Checkmarx: Represented Insight in its $84 million investment in Checkmarx, a leading developer of software solutions used to identify, fix and block security vulnerabilities in web and mobile applications.
- Conga: Represented Insight in its $70 million investment in Conga, the developer of the Conga Suite, the most popular set of document generation and reporting applications for Salesforce.
- Datasift: Represented Insight as lead investor in the $42 million investment in Datasift, the platform that powers the social economy.
- Delivery Hero: Represented Insight as lead investor in the $88 million investment in Berlin-based Delivery Hero, an online takeout services company with operations across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America.
- Diligent: Represented Insight in its acquisition of New Zealand-based software company Diligent Corporation, a take-private transaction valued at approximately US$624 million.
- E2open: Represented Insight in its $273 million acquisition of E2open, a leading provider of cloud-based, on-demand software solutions.
- ECi: Represented Insight and its portfolio company ECi Software Solutions, in the sale of ECi to The Carlyle Group.
- Fenergo: Represented Insight in its $75 million investment in Fenergo, a Dublin-based leader in Client Lifecycle Management software solutions for financial institutions.
- FireMon: Represented Insight in its acquisition of FireMon, the top provider of proactive security intelligence solutions.
- Fourth: Represented Insight in its deal to acquire UK-based Fourth, the world’s leading provider of cloud-based cost control solutions to the hospitality industry, from ECI Partners.
- GraphPad: Represented Insight Venture Partners in its majority recapitalization of GraphPad Software, Inc., the premier provider of data analysis, statistics and graphing software solutions for scientific research applications.
- HelloFresh: Represented Insight on its investment in HelloFresh, the Berlin and New York City-based meal-kit delivery service.
- HomeToGo: Represented Insight in its investment in HomeToGo, the world’s largest search engine for vacation rentals.
- Hootsuite Media: Advised Insight in its $165 million VC financing for social media company, Hootsuite Media.
- Illuminate Education/SchoolCity/IO Education/Alpine Achievement: Represented Insight and Illuminate Education in Illuminate’s acquisition of SchoolCity, IO Education and Alpine Achievement.
- Jama Software: Advised Insight in connection with a $200 million investment in Jama Software, a product development platform provider for companies building complex products and integrated systems.
- Kaseya: Represented Insight in its significant investment in Kaseya, a leading Switzerland-based global provider of IT Service Management software.
- Kinnser Software/Mediware: Represented Insight and Kinnser Software, Inc., the leading provider of software solutions for home health and hospice providers, in the sale of Kinnser to TPG Capital-backed Mediware Information Systems, Inc.
- Ministry Brands: Represented Insight in its investment in Ministry Brands, the country's leading SaaS provider for churches, parachurch ministries and other faith-based organizations in the United States.
- New Relic: Advised Insight, as lead investor, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., in the $80 million mezzanine financing for New Relic Inc., the SaaS-based application management provider.
- Priceline Group/Hotel Urbano: Advised Insight, Hotel Urbano’s major institutional shareholder, in connection with Hotel Urbano’s strategic relationship with and investment from The Priceline Group. Hotel Urbano is one of Brazil's largest and fastest growing online travel companies. The Priceline Group is the world leader in online travel and related services. In connection with the partnership agreement, The Priceline Group made a $60 million investment in exchange for a minority interest in Hotel Urbano.
- Property Brands: Represented Insight in its investment in Property Brands, a leading provider of property management technology solutions.
- Resolve Systems: Represented Insight Venture Partners in its acquisition of Resolve Systems, a leading enterprise security and IT incident response platform.
- SpotHero: Represented Insight in leading a $20 million investment round in SpotHero, the #1 ranking on-demand parking service.
- SR Labs: Advised Insight as lead investor in $53 million investment in SR Labs.
- Tenable Network Security: Represented Insight in connection with a $250 million funding round for Tenable, one of the largest funding rounds completed for a private security company.
- Thycotic: Represented Insight in its investment in Thycotic, a leader in the IT security solutions space.
- Tricentis: Represented Insight in its $165 million investment in Tricentis, a software testing company.
- Unitrends: Represented Insight in its significant investment in Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions.
- Vinted: Represented Insight as the lead investor in the $27 million Series B preferred stock investment in Vinted, the social, mobile marketplace for second-hand clothes.
- Virgin Pulse: Represented Insight in its $92 million control investment in Virgin Pulse, a designer of technology that cultivates good lifestyle habits for employees and is part of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group.
- WorkForce Software: Represented Insight in its leveraged acquisition of WorkForce Software, the leading provider ofworkforce management solutions.
- WorkForce Software/Workplace: Represented Insight and portfolio company WorkForce Software in WorkForce’s acquisition of Workplace.
- Zyme: Represented Insight in its acquisition of a majority stake in leading channel data management company Zyme, in a transaction valued at over $100 million.
Inspired Gaming Group/Hydra Industries Acquisition Corp.: Represented Inspired Gaming Group (as U.S. counsel) in its acquisition by Hydra Industries Acquisition Corp. from funds managed by Vitruvian Partners LLP and co-investors, a transaction reflecting a £200 million valuation of Inspired.
IO Data Centers/Iron Mountain: Represented IO Data Centers LLC, a leading colocation data center services provider, in the sale of its business to Iron Mountain Incorporated for a purchase price of $1.34 billion.
Ion Investment Group Limited/Triple Point Technology Inc: Represented Dublin-based Ion Investment Group Limited, owners of Ion Trading Technologies and Wall Street Systems, in the acquisition of Triple Point Technology Inc.
iParadigms/Insight/CIG/Warburg Pincus: Represented iParadigms, an anti-plagiarism software company, in its $752 million sale to Insight Venture partners and GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, from majority owner Warburg Pincus.
Jagex Limited/Shanghai Hongtou Network Technology Co., Ltd.: Represented Jagex Limited in its acquisition by Shanghai Hongtou Network Technology Co., Ltd.
LiveAction/Savvius: Represented LiveAction, a visionary provider of IT network management, visualization, and analytics software in its acquisition of Savvius, Inc., a leading provider of packet-capture and analytics appliances and software forensic solutions.
LOGICnow/SolarWinds: Represented LOGICnow in its acquisition by SolarWinds.
Metalogix/Permira Funds: Represented management software company Metalogix in its acquisition by Permira Funds.
Moore Frères & Company/Opera TV: Represented Moore Frères & Company in its acquisition of Opera TV, the global leader in enabling the TV and media industry's transition to over-the-top (OTT) content.
New Breed/XPO Logistics: Represented New Breed Holding Company, the preeminent U.S. provider of non-asset based, complex, technology-enabled contract logistics for corporate clients, in its $615 million acquisition by XPO Logistics, Inc.
New Mountain Capital/Sparta Systems/Thoma Bravo: Represented New Mountain Capital LLC in its acquisition of Sparta Systems, Inc., a global leader in quality management system (QMS) software, from Thoma Bravo.
OSG Billing Services/Microdynamics Group: Represented OSG Billing Services in its acquisition of Microdynamics Group, a provider of integrated, multichannel transactional print and electronic solutions.
Parallels/Plesk/Oakley Capital: Represented Parallels Holdings Limited, a global leader in IT solutions, in the carve-out and $105 million sale of its Switzerland-based web server and website administration platform, Plesk, to Oakley Capital.
PayScale/MarketPay: Represented PayScale, a Warburg Pincus portfolio company, in its merger with MarketPay.
peakwork AG/TUI Ventures: Represented peakwork AG and its shareholders in an investment by TUI Ventures.
Private Equity Funds/Despegar.com, Inc.: Represented two private equity funds in their investments in Argentina-based Despegar.com, an online travel service with operations in North and South America.
Seaport Capital/Net Access: Represented Seaport Capital in its sale of Net Access to Cologix.
Shutterstock Inc./Rex Features/PremiumBeat: Represented Shutterstock Inc. in two transactions announced the same day, the agreement to acquire Rex Features, the largest independently owned photographic press agency in Europe, and the agreement to acquire PremiumBeat, a leading provider of exclusive, high-quality music and sound effects for use in videos, films, television, apps, games, and other creative projects.
SmartBear/Francisco Partners: Represented SmartBear Software, the leader in software quality tools for teams, in its acquisition by Francisco Partners.
Soros’s Ukrainian Redevelopment Fund/Ciklum: Represented Soros’s Ukrainian Redevelopment Fund in its acquisition of a significant equity stake in Ciklum, a leading global IT service provider with operations in the Ukraine and throughout Europe and Asia.
SourceHOV Holdings, Inc./Novitex Holdings, Inc./Quinpario Acquisition Corp.: Represented SourceHOV in its $2.8 billion merger agreement with Novitex and Quinpario to form Exela Technologies.
SR Labs/Wombat: Represented SR Labs, a leading provider of low latency market data and market access solutions for the financial industry, in its acquisition of Wombat, the developer of SuperFeed™, forming a comprehensive market data solution for global financial institutions.
symplr/The CapStreet Group: Represented leading SaaS provider symplr, a portfolio company of The CapStreet Group, in its recapitalization led by Pamlico Capital and existing investors.
TA Associates/Onlineprinters: Represented TA Associates on its investment in Onlineprinters GmbH.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc./Icahn Group: Advised Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in its repurchase of 12.02 million shares from Icahn Group.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc./Kerbal Space Program: Represented Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., in its acquisition of Kerbal Space Program, a critically acclaimed space simulation program.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc./Social Point S.L.: Represented Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in its acquisition of mobile game developer Social Point S.L. for $250 million, with a potential earn-out of up to $25.9 million.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc./THQ: Represented Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in its agreement to take over development and production of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. video games from bankrupt THQ Inc. Also represented Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in its acquisitions of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. video game franchise and “Evolve” (working title) video game title from THQ Inc. pursuant to a Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code auction and sale.
Time Warner/CME: Represented U.S. media group Time Warner Inc. in its $542 million refinancing deal with CME.
TriTech Software/Bain Capital Private Equity: Represented TriTech Software, a leading public safety software developer, in its recapitalization by Bain Capital Private Equity.
Unitrends/PHD Virtual Technologies: Represented Unitrends in the acquisition of virtual backup and disaster recovery assurance solution provider PHD Virtual Technologies.
Virgin Pulse/Marlin Equity Partners: Represented Virgin Pulse in its sale to Marlin Equity Partners.
Wallapop/letgo: Represented Wallapop in its merger with letgo, combining the U.S. operations of two leading mobile classifieds start-ups.
Warburg Pincus: Represented the private equity firm in a number of its investment-related transactions in the technology industry, including:
- Avalara: Represented Warburg in its $100 million investment in Avalara, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based software for sales tax and other transactional tax compliance.
- Dude Solutions: Represented Warburg in its $100 million investment in Dude Solutions.
- Slickdeals/Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division/Hearst: Represented Warburg in its sale of online deal site Slickdeals to Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division and Hearst.