Christopher J. Peters is a partner and Chair of the Tax Department. He advises U.S. and non-U.S. clients, including private equity funds and insurance companies, on the tax aspects of structuring and implementing taxable and tax-free mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, leveraged buy-outs and joint ventures. Chris also provides tax advice on capital markets transactions and regularly advises private equity funds and their investors on fund-related matters.
Chris is ranked as a leading practitioner of Tax Law in New York by Chambers USA (2022) and is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Tax Law.
Chris worked on the following significant matters:
- Franklin Templeton, on its acquisition of Lexington Partners, a leading global manager of secondary private equity and co-investment funds, for $1.75 billion;
- Take-Two Interactive Software on its $12.7 Billion acquisition of Zynga;
- Franklin Templeton on its acquisition of Legg Mason for $4.5 Billion.
- Resideo Technologies, Inc., on its acquisition of First Alert, Inc., a leading provider of home safety products, from Newell Brands Inc. for $593 million;
- Appriss on its sale of Appriss Insights to Equifax for $1.825 Billion and its acquisition of Patient Ping for approx. $500m;
- Sixth Street, a leading global investment firm, in its acquisition of Talcott Resolution Life Insurance Company from a consortium of investors;
- Insight Partners on its partnership with HBC that establishes Saks Fifth Avenue's ecommerce business as a standalone entity;
- E2open on its $2.57 Billion de-SPAC transaction;
- AdaptHealth Corp. on its $2 Billion acquisition of AeroCare;
- Genstar on its sale Institutional Shareholder Services for $2.275 Billion to Deutsche Börse;
- Genstar on its sale of Sphera to Blackstone for $1.4 Billion;
- Truist Insurance Holdings on its acquisition of Constellation Affiliated Partners;
- Insight Partners on its sale of Fenergo to Astorg and Bridgepoint;
- Ascensus (a Genstar and Aquiline portfolio company) on its sale to Stone Point Capital and GIC;
- Allstate on its sale of Allstate Life Insurance Company to Blackstone for $2.8 Billion
Chris is a member of the New York State Bar Association Section of Taxation.