Joe Kaczorowski is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department and Private Equity Practice Group. Joe concentrates his practice on counseling private equity and venture capital funds and their portfolio companies, as well as strategic acquirers and operating companies, on mergers and acquisitions, growth equity and venture capital transactions, as well as day-to-day general corporate needs. Additionally, Joe previously served as Senior Vice President, Assistant General Counsel of Platinum Equity.
Joe advised on the following significant matters:*
*Joe advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie in 2022.
- The Chernin Group (TCG) as lead investor in the Series D funding round for the Premier Lacrosse League, and in various growth equity and early-stage (crypto) investments.
- Shamrock Capital Advisors in connection with investments in, and/or day-to-day corporate matters for Religion of Sports, Wpromote, Bayard Advertising and RB Media.
- Shamrock Capital Advisors in connection with the sale of Mobilitie Investments III to BAI Communications.
- Platinum Equity in connection with the acquisition or disposition of, investment in, and/or day-to-day legal matters for Centerfield Media, TruckPro, Incora (f/k/a Wesco Aircraft), Vertiv, Husky Injection Molding Systems, Jostens, Lifescan, Truckpro, YAK Access, International Biscuit Company.
- RBmedia, a leading provider of unabridged audiobooks and digital content to the library, school and retail markets, in connection with its sale to KKR from Shamrock Capital, as well as RBmedia's previous acquisitions of Gildan Media.
- Absolute Software, a public leader in Endpoint Resilience™ solutions, in its agreement to acquire NetMotion Software from the Carlyle Group.
- Dollar Shave Club, a subscription model razor company, in its sale to Unilever.
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. in its acquisition of Outward, Inc., a leading 3-D imaging and augmented realty platform for the home furnishings and décor industry.
- Clearlake Capital in its acquisition of NetDocuments, a cloud-based document management provider, as well NetDocuments in its subsequent acquisition of ThreadKM.
- Clearlake Capital in its sale of portfolio company, ConvergeOne, a SPAC acquirer.
- CrowdRise in its sale to GoFundMe.
- iSight Patners, Inc., a threat intelligence security provider, in its sale to FireEye.