Laura L. Delanoy is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. She has experience in mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies and in capital markets transactions involving public and private offerings of debt and equity securities.
Laura was named as one of Law360’s 2014 “Rising Stars” in the area of Mergers and Acquisitions.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc., the nation's largest title insurance company, in its acquisition of FGL Holdings for $2.7 billion
- AIG in its sale of a 76.6 percent interest in Fortitude RE to The Carlyle Group and T&D Holdings for approximately $1.8 billion
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of EMC Insurance Group Inc. in connection with Employers Mutual Casualty Company’s $356 million acquisition of all of the remaining shares of EMCI
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. in the sale to Stone Point Capital, the CEO and the Karfunkel Family
- Assurant, Inc. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of The Warranty Group
- Alleghany Corporation in the sale of its subsidiary Pacific Compensation Insurance Company to CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company
- Allstate in its $1.43 billion acquisition of SquareTrade
- Level 3 Communications in its $34 billion sale to CenturyLink and its acquisitions of tw telecom, Global Crossing and Broadwing
- MetLife in the sale of its national distribution sales force
- Men’s Wearhouse in its rejection of the $2.3 billion unsolicited buyout bid from Jos. A Bank Clothiers, Inc. and in its subsequent $1.8 billion acquisition of Jos. A. Bank and acquisition of Joseph Abboud
- Homesite Group, Inc. in its sale to American Family Insurance
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in connection with Taro’s proposed buyout by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Cowen Group in its acquisitions of LaBranche & Co., Concept Capital Markets and Conifer Securities, LLC, and Ramius LLC in its business combination with Cowen Group, Inc.
- Level 3 Communications, Inc. in offerings of senior notes, convertible notes and common stock
- Cowen Group, Inc. in offerings of its common stock, convertible notes and senior notes
- Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, and Merrill Lynch & Co. in connection with the initial public offering and secondary offerings of Brookdale Senior Living, Inc.
- Ventas, Inc. in offerings of senior notes, convertible notes and common stock
- Eon Labs, Inc. in connection with its initial public offering and follow-on offerings
- Deutsche Bank Securities in follow-on equity offerings of Coeur D'Alene Mines Corporation and Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Various senior debt offerings by Lennar Corporation
Financial Advisor Representations
- Centerview Partners and PJT Partners as financial advisors to Mylan in its agreement to combine with Upjohn, Pfizer's off-patent branded and generic medicines business
- Centerview Partners in connection with Tesaro's acquisition by GlaxoSmithKline for $5.1 billion, Salix Pharmaceuticals' sale to Valeant Pharmaceuticals and Ventas, Inc.'s acquisition of Nationwide Health Properties, Inc.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch in connection with the acquisition by Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital of H.J. Heinz Company, UnitedHealth Group's merger with Amil Participações S.A., Gilead Sciences, Inc.'s acquisition of CV Therapeutics, Inc. and Boston Scientific's acquisition of Guidant, Inc.
- Credit Suisse in Novartis AG's acquisition of Alcon, Inc., Deutsche Börse's proposed acquisition of NYSE Euronext and Montpelier Re Holdings' pending sale to Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.
- Peter J. Solomon Company in connection with the management buyout of American Greetings Corporation, Cost Plus Inc.'s acquisition by Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation's acquisition of Tommy Hilfiger B.V., Walgreen Co.'s acquisition of Duane Reade Holdings Inc., Tween Brands, Inc.'s merger with Dress Barn, Inc., and The J.Jill Group's sale to Talbot's Inc.
- Morgan Stanley in connection with Fortress Investment Group's $3.3 billion acquisition by SoftBank Group
- Evercore as financial advisor to the board of directors of CommerceHub on its $1.1 billion acquisition by GTCR and Sycamore Partners
- Perella Weinberg in connection with AIG's $5.6 billion acquisition of reinsurer Validus
- Goldman, Sachs in connection with the pending acquisition of Silver Bay Realty Trust Corp. by Tricon Capital