Aegon/Wilton Re: Represented Aegon in its deal to sell its two largest U.S. run-off businesses, pursuant to which Aegon's Transamerica life subsidiaries will reinsure $14 billion of liabilities to affiliates of Wilton Re US Holding Inc.
Alleghany/Pacific Compensation/CopperPoint: Represented Alleghany Corporation in the $150 million sale of Pacific Compensation Insurance Company, an underwriter of workers' compensation insurance, to CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company.
Allied World/Fairfax Financial: Represented Allied World in its agreement to be acquired by Fairfax Financial for $4.9 billion in cash and stock.
Apex Group/Genstar Capital/Deutsche Bank Alternative Fund Services Business: Represented Apex Group Ltd. and Genstar Capital in Apex’s agreement to acquire the Deutsche Bank Alternative Fund Services business.
Aquiline Capital Partners: Advised Aquiline Capital Partners, a private equity firm investing exclusively in the financial services sector, in the following transactions:
- Fenergo: Advised Aquiline in an investment in Fenergo, the leading provider of client lifecycle management software solutions for investment banks, capital market firms and private banks.
- LenderLive: Represented Aquiline in its acquisition of mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc.
- OmegaFi: Represented Aquiline in its investment in OmegaFi, the leading provider of financial, membership management, and fundraising software and support solutions for college fraternities and sororities across the United States.
- OSG Billing Services: Represented Aquiline in its acquisition of OSG Billing Services to create an omni-channel customer communications hub.
- Simply Business: Advised Simply Business and its shareholders (including Aquiline Capital Partners) in its agreement to acquire Simply Business, the UK’s biggest business insurance provider, and in its subsequent sale of Simply Business to Travelers.
- Wellington Insurance Group: Represented Aquiline in its majority investment in Wellington Insurance Group, an insurance risk distribution and financial services organization.
Asset International/Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions: Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Asset International in its acquisition of Market Metrics and Matrix Solutions from FactSet.
AssetMark, Inc./Huatai Securities: Advised AssetMark in its purchase by Huatai Securities from Aquiline Capital Partners and Genstar Capital, which was named “M&A Deal of the Year” at the 2017 IFLR Americas Awards.
BB&T Corporation/Swett & Crawford: Represented BB&T Corporation in its acquisition of Swett & Crawford from Cooper Gay Swett & Crawford for $500 million in cash.
BISAM/Aquiline Capital Partners/FactSet: Advised BISAM Technologies S.A. and the sellers, led by Aquiline Capital Partners, in the sale of BISAM to FactSet for $205.2 million.
Ekkio Capital/Risk&Co: Represented Ekkio Capital in the sale of French risk consulting firm Risk&CO to Latour Capital.
FIS/Capco: Represented Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS) in its $477 million sale of a majority stake in Capco, its management consulting business, to private investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS in its agreement to acquire SunGard, a leading financial software company, in a deal valued at $9.1 billion.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS in its agreement to sell SunGard’s Public Sector and Education businesses to Vista Equity Partners for $850 million.
Fortress Investment Group/SoftBank Group: Represented Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Fortress Investment Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition by SoftBank Group.
Genstar Capital: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition related transactions with the following companies:
- Apex: Represented Genstar Capital in its agreement to recapitalize independent fund administrator Apex Fund Services.
- Case Interactive Media/Asset International: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Case Interactive Media/Asset International, a leading provider of data, information and marketing solutions to the global asset management industry.
- Equinoxe: Represented Genstar Capital in its agreement to acquire Equinoxe Alternative Investment Services.
- ISS: Represented Genstar Capital, in partnership with management, in its deal to acquire Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) from Vestar Capital Partners for $720 million.
- Mercer Advisors: Represented Genstar in its agreement to acquire a majority interest in Mercer Advisors, a leading registered investment advisor.
GFI Group/BGC Partners: Represented GFI Group, a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets, in its $778 million sale to BGC Partners.
GFI Group/Phoenix Partners Group: Advised GFI Group, a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets, in its asset acquisition from Phoenix Partners Group.
LenderLive/Walz Group: Represented mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital Partners, in its acquisition of Walz Group LLC, a leading provider of regulatory compliance solutions, full-cycle critical document fulfillment and Certified Mail Automation.
Macquarie Capital/American Express: Represented Macquarie Capital as part of an investor group in the $900 million investment into the joint venture for American Express’ Global Business Travel division, in exchange for 50% ownership.
Natixis/City of Marseille: Advised on the implementation of the City of Marseille’s €700 million EMTN program. The firm represented Natixis (as arranger and placement agent), Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, HSBC France, Nomura and Société Génerale in the transaction.
OSG Billing Services/Microdynamics Group: Represented OSG Billing Services in its acquisition of Microdynamics Group, a provider of integrated, multichannel transactional print and electronic solutions.
Rockefeller Financial Services/Gregory Fleming/Viking Global Investors: Represented Rockefeller Financial Services, Inc., the parent company of Rockefeller & Co., in a deal with financial services executive Gregory J. Fleming to form Rockefeller Capital Management (backed by Viking Global Investors LP), an independent financial services firm focused on wealth management, asset management and strategic advisory.
Royal Bank of Scotland/Banco Santander SA: Represented Royal Bank of Scotland in the acquisition of Santander’s credit card business.
Securitas Capital/Nascent Group: Counseled Securitas, the private equity fund sponsored by Swiss Re, on its investments in Nascent Group, a financial services group operating in Italy, Ireland and Luxembourg.
SourceHOV Holdings, Inc./Novitex Holdings, Inc./Quinpario Acquisition Corp.: Represented SourceHOV in its $2.8 billion merger agreement with Novitex and Quinpario to form Exela Technologies.
Swiss Re/Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza: Represented Swiss Re Corporate Solutions in its acquisition of a majority stake in Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza.