Aegon/Wilton Re: Represented Aegon in its deal to sell its two largest U.S. run-off businesses, pursuant to which Aegon's Transamerica life subsidiaries will reinsure $14 billion of liabilities to affiliates of Wilton Re US Holding Inc.
AIG/Validus: Represented Perella Weinberg as financial advisor to AIG in a $5.6 billion acquisition of reinsurer Validus.
AlixPartners/Zolfo Cooper: Represented global consulting firm AlixPartners on its acquisition of independent financial advisory and interim management firm Zolfo Cooper.
Alleghany/Pacific Compensation/CopperPoint: Represented Alleghany Corporation in the $150 million sale of Pacific Compensation Insurance Company, an underwriter of workers' compensation insurance, to CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company.
Allied World/Fairfax Financial: Represented Allied World in its agreement to be acquired by Fairfax Financial for $4.9 billion in cash and stock.
AmTrust Financial Services: Represented the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. in AmTrust’s sale to Stone Point Capital, the CEO and the Karfunkel Family.
Aquiline Capital Partners: Advised Aquiline Capital Partners, a private equity firm investing exclusively in the financial services sector, in the following transactions:
- Fenergo: Advised Aquiline in an investment in Fenergo, the leading provider of client lifecycle management software solutions for investment banks, capital market firms and private banks.
- LenderLive: Represented Aquiline in its acquisition of mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc.
- OmegaFi: Represented Aquiline in its investment in OmegaFi, the leading provider of financial, membership management, and fundraising software and support solutions for college fraternities and sororities across the United States.
- OSG Billing Services: Represented Aquiline in its acquisition of OSG Billing Services to create an omni-channel customer communications hub.
- Relation Insurance: Represented Aquiline its agreement to acquire Relation Insurance Services, one of the largest independent insurance brokers in the United States, from private equity firms Parthenon Capital and Century Equity Partners.
- Simply Business: Advised Aquiline in its acquisition of Simply Business, the UK’s biggest business insurance provider. Also represented Simply Business and its shareholders (including Aquiline) in its subsequent sale of Simply Business to Travelers Companies, Inc. for approximately $490 million.
- Togetherwork/GI Partners: Represented Aquiline and Togetherwork on the sale of group management software and payments provider Togetherwork to GI Partners.
- Wellington Insurance Group: Represented Aquiline in its majority investment in Wellington Insurance Group, an insurance risk distribution and financial services organization.
Ascensus/Genstar Capital/Aquiline Capital Partners/Atlas Merchant Capital: Represented Ascensus, owned by Genstar Capital and Aquiline Capital Partners, in connection with the addition of new investors, led by Atlas Merchant Capital LLC, to the ownership group.
Aspen Insurance/Apollo Funds: Represented Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited in its agreement to be acquired by certain investment funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, a leading global alternative investment manager, for $2.6 billion.
AssetMark, Inc./Huatai Securities: Advised AssetMark in its purchase by Huatai Securities from Aquiline Capital Partners and Genstar Capital, which was named “M&A Deal of the Year” at the 2017 IFLR Americas Awards.
Assurant/Sun Life Financial: Represented Assurant, Inc., a premier global provider of risk management solutions, in the $940 million sale of its employee benefits business to Sun Life Financial.
Assurant/The Warranty Group: Represented Assurant, Inc., a premier global provider of risk management solutions, in its $2.5 billion acquisition of The Warranty Group, a leading global provider of protection plans and related programs.
BB&T Corporation/Regions Insurance Group: Represented BB&T Corporation in its agreement to acquire Regions Insurance Group from Regions Financial Corporation.
BB&T Corporation/Swett & Crawford: Represented BB&T Corporation in its acquisition of Swett & Crawford from Cooper Gay Swett & Crawford for $500 million in cash.
BISAM/Aquiline Capital Partners/FactSet: Advised BISAM Technologies S.A. and the sellers, led by Aquiline Capital Partners, in the sale of BISAM to FactSet for $205.2 million.
FIS/CapcoCD&R: Represented Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS), a global leader in financial services technology, in its $477 million sale of a majority stake in Capco, its management consulting business, to private investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS in its acquisition of SunGard, a leading financial software company, in a deal valued at $9.1 billion. Also represented FIS in its agreement to sell SunGard’s Public Sector and Education businesses to Vista Equity Partners for $850 million.
FIS/Worldpay: Represented FIS in its $42 billion agreement to merge with Worldpay, Inc., a global leader in eCommerce and payments.
Fortress Investment Group/SoftBank Group: Represented Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Fortress Investment Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition by SoftBank Group.
GFI Group/BGC Partners: Represented GFI Group, a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets, in its $778 million sale to BGC Partners.
LenderLive/Walz Group: Represented mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital Partners, in its acquisition of Walz Group LLC, a leading provider of regulatory compliance solutions, full-cycle critical document fulfillment and Certified Mail Automation.
Macquarie Capital/American Express: Represented Macquarie Capital as part of an investor group in the $900 million investment into the joint venture for American Express’ Global Business Travel division, in exchange for 50% ownership.
Macquarie Group/Advantage Funding: Represented Macquarie Group Limited in its deal to acquire Advantage Funding Management Co., Inc., a leading commercial vehicle finance firm, from Marubeni Group.
Nephila/Markel: Represented Nephila Holdings Limited, the pre-eminent insurance-linked securities manager in the world, in its agreement to be acquired by Markel.
OSG Billing Services/Microdynamics Group: Represented OSG Billing Services in its acquisition of Microdynamics Group, a provider of integrated, multichannel transactional print and electronic solutions.
OSG Billing Services/NCP Solutions: Represented OSG Billing Services, a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital Partners, in the acquisition of NCP Solutions, a provider of outsourced transactional communications for the financial services industry.
Rockefeller Financial Services/Gregory Fleming/Viking Global Investors: Represented Rockefeller Financial Services, Inc., the parent company of Rockefeller & Co., in a deal with financial services executive Gregory J. Fleming to form Rockefeller Capital Management (backed by Viking Global Investors LP), an independent financial services firm focused on wealth management, asset management and strategic advisory.
Royal Bank of Scotland/Banco Santander SA: Represented Royal Bank of Scotland in the acquisition of Santander’s credit card business.
Securitas Capital/Nascent Group: Counseled Securitas, the private equity fund sponsored by Swiss Re, on its investments in Nascent Group, a financial services group operating in Italy, Ireland and Luxembourg.
SourceHOV Holdings, Inc./Novitex Holdings, Inc./Quinpario Acquisition Corp.: Represented SourceHOV in its $2.8 billion merger agreement with Novitex and Quinpario to form Exela Technologies.
Strategic Insight/BrightScope: Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Strategic Insight, formerly known as Asset International, in its acquisition of BrightScope, the leading provider of retirement plan, sales and distribution data.
Swiss Re/Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza: Represented Swiss Re Corporate Solutions in its acquisition of a majority stake in Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Ltd/Bradesco Seguros: Represented Swiss Re Corporate Solutions Ltd in its agreement to establish a joint venture with Bradesco Seguros, creating a leading commercial large-risk insurer in Brazil.
Zurich Insurance Group: Represented Zurich Insurance Group in the following acquisitions:
Cover-More/Travel Ace/Universal Assistance: Represented Zurich in its agreement to acquire 19 travel assistance providers in Latin America, positioning its Cover-More Group as the leader in global travel insurance and assistance in the region.
- EuroAmerica: Represented Zurich in its acquisition of the individual and group life insurance businesses and the long-term savings operations of EuroAmerica in Chile.
- QBE: Represented Zurich in its agreement to acquire Australian insurer QBE in Latin America for $409 million.