Representative recent media and first amendment matters include:
- Bloomberg L.P. v. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, (2d Cir. 2010). Secured a landmark decision affirming S.D.N.Y. ruling that Federal Reserve must disclose bank bailout records under Freedom of Information Act. In March 2011, the United States Supreme Court denied petition for a writ of certiorari to reconsider the Circuit's ruling, putting an end to the two-year legal battle over disclosure of emergency Fed loans during the financial crisis and providing a very significant win for our client Bloomberg and the press more generally.
- U.S. v. First Data Corp., (D.D.C. 2003). Intervene on behalf of media entity to unseal proceedings in antitrust action.
- Computerized Thermal Imaging v. Bloomberg L.P., 312 F.3d 1292 (10th Cir. 2002). Defend Bloomberg against defamation claim.
- Hart v. Internet Wire, et al., 31 Media L. Rep. 1027 (2d Cir. 2002). Defend Bloomberg against securities fraud claim for publishing an article based on bogus press release.
- SEC v. The Street.com, 273 F.3d 222 (2d Cir. 2002). Represent amicus curiae in appeal concerning media’s right to access sealed deposition transcripts.