Our Litigation Department regularly teams up with the firm’s Communications & Media Department to represent cable television operators, networks, television and film studios, Internet service providers, online content providers, competitive local exchange carriers, long-distance service providers, and other clients.
These litigation services have involved a vast array of cutting-edge issues and developments in the communications and media industries, including representing clients in:
- Regulatory approval and related proceedings for complex and significant transactions before the Department of Justice and Federal Communications Commission (FCC);
- Litigations, arbitrations, and negotiations relating to programming licenses and renewals for film, cable television networks, and regional sports networks, involving major cable television operators, satellite service providers, and online video distributors;
- Retransmission consent negotiations and disputes involving broadcast programming;
- Rulemaking and adjudicatory proceedings before the FCC;
- Appeals of FCC rules and regulations;
- Mandamus proceedings against federal agencies;
- Network rebrands; and
- Complex commercial litigations.
The Litigation Department has also helped advise and represent clients in data privacy matters, including resolving data security breaches and related concerns.