Rosalind Fahey Kruse is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. She focuses on mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies, private equity transactions, debt and equity financings, and general corporate and securities law matters. Rosalind regularly advises private equity sponsors, boards of directors and senior management on strategic and governance matters.
Rosalind has represented:
- Rockefeller Financial Services in the formation of Rockefeller Capital Management, an independent financial services firm backed by Viking Global Investors
- Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of Superior Vision Corporation, a leader in managed vision care, from Nautic Partners and its acquisitions of a majority stake in Davis Vision, Highmark Health’s managed vision care benefits unit, and a minority stake in Highmark Health’s vision retail subsidiary, Visionworks
- Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of Cascade Financial Services, a leading lender to buyers of manufactured homes
- T.F. Hudgins Inc. in its merger with Allied Reliability, Inc., each providers of engineered products and services for manufacturing
- Transaction Committee of the Excel Board of Directors in sale of 34 vessels to Star Bulk Carriers for $288 million and 29.9 million shares of Star bulk Carriers stock, valued in the aggregate at $634.91 million
- Affiliates of Insight Venture Partners in acquisitions of, dispositions of, or investments in, New Relic Inc., TriTech Software Systems, Inc., Digital Room Holdings, Inc., Yext, Inc., Despegar.com Inc., Campaign Monitor, Checkmarx, Hootsuite Media Inc. (largest venture capital deal in Canada), Wishabi Inc., DaWanda GmbH, Acronis Ltd., Elo 7 Ltd., Dealfind, Metalogix Software Corp., Folhamatic Group, MV Participacoes S.A., Hotel Urbano S.A., Syncsort Incorporated, HoundDog Technology Ltd., Six Waves Inc., Mentez LLC, Katharion and others
- Pearl Therapeutics, a company focused on developing inhaled combination therapies for the treatment of respiratory diseases, in its $1.15 billion sale to AstraZeneca
- The Cap Street Group in its recapitalizations of each of Industrial Plant Services, Inc., Davis SR Aviation, LLC and Turbine Jet Specialties LP, and General LED, Inc. and sale of Eads Distribution, LLC
- Centerbridge Partners, TPG Opportunities Partners and Fidelity Investments on corporate aspects of the out-of-court restructuring and $3 billion refinancing of international resort operator Kerzner International, which was recognized as the 2013 Large Market Atlas Turnaround of the year
- Representing Istithmar World, an investment arm of the government of Dubai, on corporate aspects of the out-of-court restructuring of luxury goods retailer Barneys New York which was recognized as the 2013 Upper Middle Market Atlas Turnaround of the year
- Folhamatic Group, a Brazil-based tax and accounting software company, in its sale 125 million pound sale of a controlling interest to UK-based Sage Group plc
- Morgan Stanley in its sale of its mortgage servicing business, Saxon, to Ocwen Financial Corporation for a base purchase price plus approximately $1.2 billion for servicing advance receivables outstanding
- GreenTree Credit Solutions, LLC, a portfolio company of Centerbridge Capital Partners, L.P., in its approximately $1 billion acquisition by Walter Investment Management Corp.
- Centerbridge Capital Partners, L.P. and Resort Finance America, LLC in the acquisition of the resort finance business of GMAC Commercial Finance LLC, a subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc. and the ongoing representation of Resort Finance America, LLC as lender
- Green Tree Servicing LLC in a number of acquisition transactions and financings, including its acquisition of mortgage servicing rights and certain servicing assets of Bank of America, EverBank, Origen Financial, Inc., Irwin Financial Corporation and others
- Shurgard Storage Centers, Inc. in its approximately $5 billion acquisition by Public Storage, Inc.
- Ventas, Inc. in its $649 million acquisition of assisted living and nursing home facilities from affiliates of the Reichmann family
- An investment group consisting of Fortress Investment Group LLC, J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC and Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. in its acquisition of assets from Conseco Finance Corp. for approximately $1.1 billion in a transaction under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Matlin Patterson Global Advisers, LLC in its $475 million acquisition of the Southeast generation portfolio of Duke Energy Corporation
- MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company in a number of merger and acquisition and financing transactions, including: its $960 million acquisition of Kern River Gas Transmission Company, its $2 billion acquisition of Northern Natural Gas Company, its going-private tender offer of HomeServices.Com, Inc. and its $700 million senior notes 144A private placement offering
- An investment group, including Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., in the MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company going-private transaction
- Simon Property Group, Inc. in its merger with Corporate Property Investors, Inc.
Rosalind is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and currently serves on its Corporation Law Committee. Previously she served on its Committee on Securities Regulation. She has also served on the Harvard Law School Reunion Gift Committee and the Dartmouth College Reunion Committee, and is an active member of several committees for local community and school organizations.