Jonathan J. Konoff is counsel in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, where he advises on antitrust aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Jonathan focuses on merger notification matters with an emphasis on analysis and compliance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act.
Jonathan has represented clients on merger notification matters in, among others, the following sectors:
- Private equity (Warburg Pincus, Aquiline, Friedman Fleischer & Lowe, PAI, Sterling, Lime Rock, Insight)
- Hedge funds (Monarch, Pennant, Third Point, Caxton)
- Pharmaceuticals (Teva, Auxilium, Clovis)
- Insurance (Tower Group, W.R. Berkley)
- Financial services and support (Ion Trading, Bloomberg, Green Tree)
- Communications (Landmark, Time Warner, Level 3)
- Retail (Hudson’s Bay Company)
- Apparel (Men’s Wearhouse, Kenneth Cole)
- Investment management (Aberdeen)
- Aviation and aerospace (Loral, Greenwich Aerogroup, Velcon)
Jonathan is an active member of the American Bar Association’s Section on Antitrust Law, and was involved in a major update of the ABA publication Premerger Notification Practice Manual. He moderated a panel co-sponsored by the ABA and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. Jonathan co-authored "Transactions With Financially Distressed Entities," published in Antitrust, Volume 16, Number 2, Spring 2002.