Jared Fertman is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in New York.
Jared focuses his practice on private equity transactions, venture capital investments, mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies, joint ventures, family office matters, and general corporate and governance advice.
Jared has represented*:
- Deutsche Bank Asset Management in the sale of its US Private Equity Access Fund Platform to iCapital Network
- CMA CGM in the sale to the EQT Infrastructure III fund of a 90 percent stake in APL Limited, whose wholly owned subsidiary, Eagle Marine Services, Ltd., operates Global Gateway South, a leading container terminal in the Port of Los Angeles
- Spheris Inc. in connection with its chapter 11 bankruptcy and section 363 sale
- Total Safety U.S., Inc. in connection with its out of court restructuring
- Sarissa Capital Management in connection with its investment in ARIAD Pharmaceuticals and ARIAD’s acquisition by Takeda for approximately $5.2 billion
- Access Industries in connection with its acquisition, along with affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC, Riverstone Holdings, LLC, and other investors, of all of the oil and gas exploration and production assets of El Paso Corporation for approximately $7.15 billion
- Access Industries in connection with its minority investment in, and subsequent acquisition of, the Israeli conglomerate Clal Industries in a transaction valuing Clal at NIS 2.55 billion
- Access Industries in connection with its investments in: Alibaba, Square, TangoMe, Loxo Oncology, Snapchat, Digital Ocean, Opendoor, Yelp and 58.com
- Access Industries in connection with its equity position in Tory Burch LLC
- Access Industries in connection with its acquisition and development of the Faena District, which includes two hotels, two residential towers, an arts forum, parking and retail space stretching 6 blocks in Miami, Florida
- Warburg Pincus in connection with numerous transactions including: the leveraged buyout of Total Safety, the investment in Protox Therapeutics, the recapitalization of Builders FirstSource, the sale of a minority interest in Netlogic Microsystems, the acquisition of Multi-View, Inc., the sale of a controlling interest in Chart-One Inc. and the related spinout of eWebhealth Inc., and the acquisition of Adlens Beacon
- Platinum Equity and other bondholders in connection with an out-of-court debt-to-equity exchange by Keystone Automotive
- AREA Property Partners in connection with the investment by, and joint venture with, the National Bank of Australia
- Carrix, Inc. in connection with the proposed development of the Gateway Pacific Terminal
- Insight Venture Partners in connection with its investments in Storagepoint Technologies, Teamviewer Inc., Metalogix Software and PAMSoft Software
* Jared advised on some of these matters while at a prior firm.
Jared was an associate at Willkie from 2007 until 2011. Prior to rejoining Willkie in 2017, he was the vice president and associate general counsel of Access Industries, Inc., the international industrial holding company and family office founded by Len Blavatnik.