3i/Amor Group/Gilde Buy Out Partners: Represented 3i in its sale of Amor Group, the German market leader for affordable precious jewelry, to Gilde Buy Out Partners.
3i/Christ: Represented 3i in its acquisition of a majority stake in leading German jewelry and watch retailer Christ.
A.S.Adventure Group/McTREK: Represented A.S.Adventure Group, a portfolio company of PAI Partners, in its agreement to acquire McTREK from YEAH! AG.
Bregal Freshstream/Radley: Represented Bregal Freshstream in its acquisition of iconic British handbag and accessories brand Radley.
CEPL/ID Logistics: Advised CEPL shareholder Arcapita in the contemplated restructuring and subsequent sale of CEPL, a provider of automated solutions for retail order fulfillment, to ID Logistics, a contract logistics specialist company. The firm’s work was recognized in 2014 by Option Finance as “M&A Deal of the Year.”
CommerceHub: Represented financial advisor Evercore on the $1.1 billion acquisition of CommerceHub, Inc. by GTCR and Sycamore Partners.
Converse, Inc.: Involved in the sale of Converse, the sneaker company.
Dolce Vita Holdings, Inc./Steve Madden: Represented Dolce Vita Holdings, Inc., a privately held footwear company, in its acquisition by Steve Madden, a leading designer and marketer of footwear and accessories.
EQT/Avenso/LUMAS: Represented EQT Mid Market fund in its agreement to sell Avenso GmbH, a market-leading multichannel player for affordable museum grade wall art to LUMAS Art Editions GmbH as well as Avenso GmbH in its divestiture of WhiteWall to CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA.
EQT Expansion Capital II/Internetstores Holding GmbH: Represented EQT Expansion Capital II in the sale of Internetstores Holding GmbH to SIGNA Retail.
Generation Investment Management/Unilever: Represented Generation Investment Management, a Seventh Generation shareholder, in connection with Seventh Generation’s acquisition by Unilever.
Glansaol/Laura Geller/Julep/Clark's Botanicals: Represented Glansaol, a newly launched prestige beauty and personal care company, its acquisition of three brands: Laura Geller, Julep and Clark's Botanicals.
GSO Capital Partners: Represented GSO Capital, one of the largest credit-focused alternative asset managers in the world and a lending affiliate of The Blackstone Group, in the arrangement of a $550 million second lien secured term loan facility to finance, in part, the acquisition of Belk, Inc. by private equity sponsor Sycamore Partners for approximately $2.7 billion.
Hudson’s Bay Company: Represented Hudson’s Bay Company, the Canadian owner of Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor and other leading department stores in the following:
- its €2.82 billion cross-border deal to acquire German department store chain Galeria Kaufhof, Galeria Inno (Belgian subsidiary) and Sportarena from METRO AG.
- its $250 million acquisition of leading online shopping destination Gilt.
- a series of strategic transactions, including (i) an equity investment by Rhône Capital of $500 million in the form of 8-year mandatory convertible preferred shares, initially convertible into HBC’s Common Shares at $9.82 per share, (ii) its agreement to sell the Lord & Taylor Fifth Avenue building to WeWork Property Advisors in a transaction valued at $850 million, and (iii) agreements with WeWork to lease retail space within select HBC department stores, including Galeria Kaufhof in Frankfurt (named “Private Equity Deal of the Year” at the 2018 IFLR Americas Awards).
- its agreement with SIGNA Retail Holdings to combine HBC Europe with Germany’s Karstadt Warenhaus GmbH, creating Germany’s leading retailer with annual revenue in excess of €5 billion, and the sale to SIGNA of 50% of HBC’s German real estate assets to form a 50-50 real estate joint venture valued at €3.25 billion.
- the formation of HBS Global Properties, a real estate-focused joint venture with Simon Property Group valued at $1.8 billion, and in its subsequent sales of $533 million and $50 million of its equity in HBS.
Jones Apparel Group: Advised Jones, a global designer, marketer and manufacturer of over 35 clothing, footwear and accessories brands, including Anne Klein, Jones New York, Gloria Vanderbilt, Kasper, Evan-Picone and l.e.i., among many others, on its public offering of 4.5 million shares of common stock.
Lagardère Travel Retail/Hojeij Branded Foods (HBF): Represented French airport shop operator Lagardère Travel Retail in its $330 million acquisition of HBF, a leading foodservice travel retailer in North America, creating the third largest player in the North American travel retail and foodservice Industry.
Lagardère Travel Retail/Paradies: Represented Lagardère Travel Retail in its $530 million agreement to acquire Paradies, a leading airport travel retailer in North America, from private equity firm Freeman Spogli & Co, the Paradies family and other shareholders, creating the second-largest travel retailer in North America.
Men’s Wearhouse/Jos. A Bank: Represented The Men's Wearhouse in its acquisition of men’s retailer Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. for $1.8 billion. The deal, which ended a six-month merger battle, resulted in a combined company that has more than 1,700 stores in the U.S., with approximately 26,000 employees.
Quelle Neckermann: Represented the German catalog retailer of fashion, furniture and arts in the takeover of its cargo and heavy consumer goods logistics by a subsidiary of Deutsche Post AG.
The Sterling Group/Liqui-Box: Represented The Sterling Group in its sale of Liqui-Box Corporation to funds managed by Olympus Partners.
Waterland Private Equity/ PREMIUM Group/Clarion Events: Represented Waterland Private Equity in its acquisition and later disposition of shares of PREMIUM group, a leading European fashion show organizer, to Clarion Events.