Thomas A. Spencer is an associate in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. Thomas’ focus includes mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions, joint ventures, capital markets transactions and general corporate and securities advice.
Thomas has advised on the following significant matters:
- RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. in its $1.5 billion deal to acquire Tokio Millennium Re, the reinsurance platform of Tokio Marine Holdings Inc.
- Glatfelter Insurance Group in its acquisition by American International Group, Inc.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Institutional Shareholder Services from Vestar Capital Partners
- OSG Billing Services in its acquisition of Microdynamics Group
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of OSG Billing Services
- A consortium of institutional investors in a transaction to purchase up to $5 billion worth of consumer loans from Prosper Marketplace Inc.
- Dormakaba Group, as U.S. counsel, in its $725 million acquisition of Stanley Black & Decker’s Mechanical Security businesses
- AIG in its sale of a 73% interest in NSM Insurance Group to an affiliate of ABRY Partners
- Insight Venture Partners in connection with a $250 million funding round for Tenable Network Security
- Appriss in its acquisition of The Retail Equation
- Insight Venture Partners in its investment in Thycotic
- New Breed Holding Company in its $615 million acquisition by XPO Logistics, Inc.
- iParadigms in connection with its $752 million sale to Insight Venture Partners and GIC, Signapore’s sovereign wealth fund, from majority owner Warburg Pincus
- Seven Mile Capital Partners in its acquisition of Microporous Products from Polypore International Inc. for $120 million
- The Tinopolis Group in its acquisition of “Top Chef” producer Magical Elves and its entry into a new production company called Tollbooth Group
- Platinum Equity in its connection with the financing of its acquisition of Sensis Pty Ltd.