Henrietta de Salis is a partner in Willkie’s Asset Management and Corporate & Financial Services Departments and is based in the Firm’s London office. She heads Willkie’s Financial Services Regulatory practice in London and is also part of the Firm's Structured Finance & Derivatives, Cybersecurity & Privacy, Digital Works and Environmental, Social & Governance Practice Groups. Henrietta is a financial services lawyer providing advice and transaction support to banks, securities firms, asset and investment managers, funds and intermediaries — including broker-dealers, custodians, trading platforms, private equity firms, wealth managers and insurers — on UK and European financial services legislation and compliance matters in both the wholesale and retail markets.
Henrietta regularly advises asset managers including the asset management divisions of insurers on a wide range of fund structures and the distribution of those funds and applicable regulatory requirements.
Henrietta is recognised as a "Notable Practitioner" in the current edition of IFLR1000 for Financial Services Regulatory.
Henrietta's practice includes advising on:
- licensing requirements and ongoing compliance issues, including conduct of business rule matters;
- regulatory aspects of strategic and complex transactions relevant to financial institutions including M&A, reorganisations, integration of merged firms and joint venture and consortium arrangements;
- structuring and marketing of funds, derivatives and other investment products and financial instruments;
- agreements including terms of business with customers, fund administrators, custodians and depositories and other service providers including material outsourcing requirements;
- regulatory developments and implementation issues for firms (e.g., in relation to MiFID II, AIFMD, CRDIV, IFR, EMIR, MAR, SFDR and the Taxonomy Regulation);
- legal and regulatory requirements under UK and EU regulations relating to sustainability and other Environmental (E ), Social (S) and Governance (G) issues;
- cryptocurrencies and other digital assets; the complex legal and regulatory implications arising out of the cross border provision of financial services and products; and
- senior management issues related to governance, policy and procedures.
Henrietta has advised on the following non-confidential significant matters:
- Insight Partners in the fund raising of Fund XII and its dedicated co-investment fund, with aggregate commitments in excess of $20 billion
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners on its investment in Global Loan Agency Services (GLAS)
- Insight Partners in its investment in Moonfare, a digital investment and asset management platform
- Franklin Templeton in its acquisition of Alcentra, one of the largest European credit and private debt managers
- Foreside Financial Group, a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, in its acquisition of ACA Group
- Insight Partners in the closing of Fund XI with aggregate commitments of $9.5 billion
- Searchlight Capital Partners on its acquisition of Global Risk Partners, a leading UK based insurance brokerage business
- Freshstream on the sale of leading UK holiday resort business Away Resorts to CVC Capital Partners
- Stanley Capital on its acquisition of global specialty pharmaceutical company, Noden Pharma DAC
- CapVest Partners on the sale of its portfolio company, leading food manufacturer Valeo Foods, to Bain Capital
- FTV Capital in its growth equity investment in London-based pet insurer Bought By Many
- CapStreet Group on its final closing of CapStreet V, L.P. (“Fund V”) at $500 million, reaching the fund’s hard cap
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners on its acquisition of the Creditinfo Group in partnership with its founder and management team
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. in its $42 billion merger with Worldpay, Inc., a global leader in eCommerce and payments
- Genstar Capital and its portfolio company Apex Group in the acquisition of the corporate and private clients business of Link Asset Services, a division of the Australian listed Link Group
- Arch Capital Group Ltd., in an approximately $502 million secondary public offering of common shares
- Apex, a Genstar portfolio company, on its acquisition of Warburg’s Asset Management and Servicing Business in Luxembourg
- Insight Partners in the closing of Fund X with aggregate commitments of $6.3 billion
- Genstar Capital and its portfolio company Apex Group on the acquisition, with SALU Capital and Inlife Holding, of Luxembourg PE fund AFO-2
Henrietta has extensive experience both in private practice and in-house. She was a managing director in the Legal Department at Dresdner Kleinwort and head of capital markets (legal) at Swiss Re, giving her valuable insight into the requirements of financial institutions.