October 3, 2023

Willkie advised Lonepike Beteiligungen GmbH, a privately owned investment company, on the sale of all of its shares in MAGNA Real Estate GmbH to Versorgungswerk der Zahnärztekammer Berlin, the pension fund of the Berlin Dental Association.

MAGNA is a real estate development company based in Hamburg that focuses on the development of office, residential and social real estate. Lonepike, owned by investor David Liebig, held 45% of all shares in MAGNA. Lonepike has now sold its interest in MAGNA to VZB and Liebig has resigned from the MAGNA management board. 

VZB is increasing its shareholding in MAGNA to 60%, with the remaining 40% share being held by the FOX Group, led by entrepreneur Jörn Reinecke.

The Willkie team was led by partner Dr. Maximilian Schwab and counsel Dr. Moritz Vettermann and included partners Dr. Wolfram Prusko and Dr. Bettina Bokeloh, counsel Wulf Kring, and associates Philip Thürmer and Dr. Johanna Thieme.