Wulf Kring is counsel in the Tax Department. He focuses on advising private equity firms, VC funds and corporate clients on M&A transactions and tax-oriented restructurings as well as fund-related tax aspects (including the structuring of investment funds and carried-interest structures). Wulf also has significant experience in capital markets transactions, as well as in advising multinational corporations in connection with (cross-border) tax audits and the conclusion of bi- and multilateral advance pricing agreements (APA).
Wulf speaks German and English.
Wulf has advised on the following transactions:
- A European investment firm on the establishment of Jersey and Luxembourg AIF, restructuring of carried interest entitlements and tax structuring of German investments (regularly)*
- A European investment firm on the acquisition of an outstanding minority interest in a German target and the refinancing of the acquisition*
- A German investment firm on the tax structuring of its German investments through Guernsey AIF (regularly)*
- A German investment firm on the restructuring of carried interest entitlements and establishment of a marketable evergreen private equity fund structure*
- A Belgian private equity fund in connection with the establishment of a uniform European MEP*
- An Australian infrastructure fund on German tax aspects in connection with the disposal of a German investment*
- Dachser Intelligent Logistics in its corporate restructuring*
- Swiss SIX Group on the disposal of SIX Payment Services to France’s Wordline*
- Insight Venture Partners on their majority and minority investments in Germany as well as add-on transactions (regularly)
- RAD-x regarding acquisitions in Germany (regularly)
- A German private equity fund in the acquisition of a German/Swiss target from the founders
*Wulf advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP.