Dr. Wolfram Prusko is a partner in the Business Reorganization & Restructuring Department. He focuses his practice on the representation of investors, debtors and creditors with respect to cross-border distressed transactions, restructurings (particularly financial and bond restructurings), and insolvency proceedings. Wolfram also has experience in international bank restructuring.
Wolfram is recognized by IFLR1000 in its Financial and Corporate Guide as a ‘highly regarded’ lawyer in the area of restructuring (2018–2021) and by Legal 500 Germany and EMEA 2021 as a “Next Generation Partner.” Wolfram is a member of the board of TMA Europe, and is a founder and member of the steering committee of TMA NextGen Germany.
He speaks German, English, French and Italian.
Wolfram has advised on the following selected significant matters*:
- Ad hoc group of holders of senior notes issued by Wirecard AG (2020).
- Technicolor S.A.on German law aspects in its comprehensive restructuring and accelerated French financial safeguard proceeding (2020.
- Dura Automotive Systems, LLC and certain of its subsidiaries on the European operations in their U.S. chapter 11 cases (2019/20).
- European institutional investor group on the restructuring and sale of about EUR 150 million senior secured bonds in a and Germany-Luxembourg student living real estate structure (2017-19).
- Agrokor on its financial restructuring (2017-19) — The financial restructuring was recognized at the 2018 Global Restructuring Review Awards as “Most important recognition decision” and honored in 2019 with a TRI Award as “Corporate Rescue of the Year — Legal Team.” Wolfram was honored with the 2019 TMA Turnaround and Transaction of the Year Award for the “International Company Turnaround of the Year — Agrokor d.d.” In addition, Agrokor was awarded “Restructuring Deal of the Year” at the IFLR Europe Awards 2020.
- Coordinating committee of first lien lenders of Jack Wolfskin on the comprehensive financial restructuring (2016/17) —Subsequent advice to the shareholders of Jack Wolfskin on the sale of the company to Callaway Golf.
- Ad hoc committee of senior bondholders of HETA Asset Resolution (previously Hypo Alpe Adria) (2015/16) — The 2017 IFLR Europe Awards recognized this unprecedented restructuring as “European Restructuring Deal of the Year.”
- A.T.U on the cross-border financial restructuring and subsequent sale to Mobivia (2016).
- Centerbridge as largest lender in restructuring of APCOA group (2014/15). The 2015 IFLR Europe Awards recognized this cross-border restructuring as “European Restructuring Deal of the Year.”
- Ad hoc committee of senior lenders in insolvency proceedings of IVG Immobilien AG (2013/14) —In 2015, the American Lawyer recognized the successful restructuring at its Global Legal Awards as “Global Finance Deal of the Year: Restructuring in Germany.” Subsequent advice to the major shareholders of IVG Immobilien AG in connection with the sale of Officefirst to Blackstone — Dual trade exit transaction after financial restructuring.
- Various creditors in insolvency proceedings of Lehman Brothers Bankhaus and of Global PVQ SE (previously Q-Cells SE).
* Wolfram advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.
Prior to joining Willkie in 2021, Wolfram was a restructuring partner at Kirkland & Ellis International LLP.