Willkie’s Privacy, Cybersecurity & Data Strategy practice group provides leading-edge, practical counsel on the ever-changing digital legal landscape, the design, development, and implementation of privacy, data protection, and cybersecurity programs, and innovation in new data-driven products and services at the forefront of the digital economy. Leveraging their broad base of knowledge and experience on these issues - including as regulators and senior in-house lawyers - our attorneys help clients manage their legal risks and achieve their business goals.
Our multidisciplinary practice includes attorneys with in-depth experience in all aspects of privacy, data protection, and cybersecurity law, as well as key commercial and technological developments, that we apply to helping our clients achieve their strategic business priorities. We collaborate with complementary practices across Willkie’s platform, including the Willkie Digital Works group and our corporate, tech transaction, private equity, intellectual property, antitrust, and litigation practices, to provide clients with comprehensive, practical counsel for their data-related challenges and opportunities.
We provide guidance to companies and counsel clients on all aspects of privacy and cyber risk, including:
- Designing and implementing global compliance programs, including performing privacy and security risk and impact assessments; advising on product development and digital innovation; development and drafting privacy, data governance, and security policies; and negotiating vendor contracts;
- Global security incident preparation, response, and remediation, including crisis management services;
- Litigation related to privacy and security practices and data security incidents, including regulatory investigations and proceedings instigated by regulators in the U.S., UK, and EU;
- Strategic advice on investments, mergers and acquisitions, and other transactions, including diligence and deal negotiation; and
- Legislative and regulatory monitoring, policy advice, and advocacy.
Our attorneys have substantive experience advising clients on numerous privacy and cybersecurity laws and regulations in the United States and around the world, including CCPA, FTC Act, BIPA, GLBA, NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulation, FCRA/FACTA, HIPAA, COPPA, GDPR, and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.