Cornelia Thaler is a partner in the Real Estate Department, where she focuses on advising property owners, developers, investors and banks on complex real estate matters, including sales and acquisitions, joint ventures, asset management and real estate finance (including NPL) transactions.
Cornelia is recognized as Highly Regarded in IFLR1000 and has been ranked in Band 1 in Chambers Europe.
Ms. Thaler has advised on the following significant matters*:
- StoneVest, Wulf Meinel and Bruce Jenyon on the formation of the IPE platform and IPE on the acquisition of the first two properties
- Brookfield Property Partners on the €1.5bn acquisition of the Hochhausensemble Potsdamer Platz in Berlin
- Union Investment on the €1bn sale of a pan-European office building portfolio to Amundi Immobilier, and on acquisition of new Postbank headquarters in Bonn from Art-Invest
- Cromwell on the acquisition of a pan-European Portfolio financed by the coinciding IPO of its Singapore REIT
- Aurelis on the sale of the Laetitia Portfolio (logistics and light industrial)
- AEW on the sale of a retail portfolio to Redos and of an office portfolio to Invesco
- Tristan Capital Partners/Europa-Fonds Episo 3 on the acquisition and disposal of a real estate portfolio from DG Anlage-Fonds and the Garden Tower from JP Morgan; Tristan Capital
- Partners/Barings on the acquisition of the Werfthaus Property; Tristan Capital Partners/Pamera Asset Management on the sale of "BBW Bürohaus Bockenheimer Warte" and on the acquisition and sale of "Dieterich Karree" in Düsseldorf
- Investa Gruppe on the sale of e-shelter data center group to NTT.com; sale of Düsseldorf Holiday Inn Express Hotel to Dereco; acquisition and sale of Uferstadt in Fürth and of Schwabinger Caree in Munich
- e-shelter/NTT Group on the acquisition of various data center sites and data centre contracts
- Europa Capital/Mitsubishi on the acquisition of the Telefonica Building in Munich, an office building in Munich, and the sale of "Forum Steglitz" in Berlin; Europa Capital on the acquisition of an interest in "Designer Outlet Wolfsburg"
- Carlyle/Aug. Prien Immobilien on the sale of "BrahmsQuartier" in Hamburg to Allianz Real Estate and Freshfields Haus to DEKA Immobilien; Carlyle Group on the acquisition of a "Karstadt" store in Esslingen
- Frasers/Geneba on the acquisition of two Logistics Portfolios from Alpha and Tristan and the Alpha Industrial Platform; Frasers/Geneba on the acquisition of the Blue Portfolio from ECE
- LEG Hessen-Hanau on the sale of a residential portfolio to Corestate
- Indigo Invest and Conren Land on the setting up on an investment management joint venture for UK real estate
- HRO/Baupost on the acquisition of the City Gate Highrise in Frankfurt
* Ms. Thaler advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.
Cornelia was previously a partner at Clifford Chance, where she served as the head of the real estate practice in Frankfurt.
Cornelia is a member of RICS and will serve as member of the RICS Germany Advisory Board as of May 2020. She is also a board member of ZIA and a member of ICG (German Real Estate Corporate Governance Initiative).