Komal Raina is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department and the Finance Department in London. Komal focuses on a wide range of financing transactions acting for sponsors and alternative asset managers including on leveraged and acquisition financings, distressed lending transactions and restructurings.
- Searchlight Capital Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in Celestyal Cruises.
- Bain Capital Credit on its acquisition of GAIL’s bakery.
- Stanley Capital on its acquisition of global specialty pharmaceutical company, Noden Pharma DAC.
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners on its acquisition of Creditinfo Group in partnership with its founder and management team.
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners on its acquisition of BigHand Ltd., a leading provider of workflow software solutions.
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners on its acquisition of SiPM in partnership with management and its founding partners.
- A US fund investor in respect of an acquisition facility made available to Cera Care.
- A US fund investor in respect of its investment in a Portuguese cruises business.
- Freshstream on a refinancing for Themis Risk Limited.
- Blantyre Capital on various JV investments.
- Davidson Kempner on its investment in a data centres business.
- A majority shareholder on the restructuring of Thomas Cook plc*
- Cinven on the financings for the potential acquisition of an Italian chemicals business and a Swedish rail couplers business*
- Apollo on the acquisition of a non-performing loan portfolio*
- Athora on refinancing for the acquisition of Generali Belgium*
- EQT on the financing for the potential acquisition of a German packaging business and on a holdco financing for a French business*
- CKI on the financing for the acquisition of ista GmbH*
- First and second lien lenders on the financing for the take private of BCA Marketplace plc by TDR Capital*
- Lenders on the financing for the take private of Tarsus plc by Charterhouse Capital Partners*
- The Co-com on the restructuring of Senvion GmbH*
* Komal advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.
Prior to joining Willkie, Komal was a senior associate at Clifford Chance.