Laura L. Norris is a partner in the Litigation Department. Laura focuses on complex commercial litigation and has assisted clients in a wide array of high-stakes matters. She has experience in a variety of substantive areas, including ERISA, asset management disputes, consumer class actions, breach of contract, RICO, and copyright disputes.
Laura’s experience extends to federal courts throughout the country, including at the district and appellate court levels. She has served as the lead associate for litigation matters and successfully defended clients at the early stages of litigation, as well as at trial and through appeal. Laura also has provided guidance to companies during internal and governmental investigations. Throughout her career, Laura has maintained an active pro bono caseload, and in 2018, she received the Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service from the Northern District of Illinois.
Laura's successes include*:
- Dismissal of putative class action brought under ERISA against financial services company related to the calculation of pension benefits
- Dismissal of RICO action for investment management services provider in connection with investment advice program offered to 401(k) plan participants
- Summary judgment in favor of telecommunications company and its asset management subsidiary in ERISA class action alleging breach of fiduciary duties
- Dismissal of copyright infringement claim for film studio, director, and producers of major motion picture
* Laura advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.
Prior to joining Willkie, Laura was an associate at another major law firm. While in law school, she interned at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois and Chicago Volunteer Legal Services.