Eric S. Halperin is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department and the Private Equity Practice Group. Eric regularly represents private equity firms in acquisitions and dispositions of privately and publicly held businesses across a wide range of industries, as well as venture capital investors and privately held companies in early-stage and follow-on investments and financings. He also advises asset managers and private and public companies in connection with mergers, PIPEs, tender offers, formations and dispositions of joint ventures and other strategic alliances and investments, in addition to a broad array of commercial issues.
Eric has been named to New York Super Lawyers' “Rising Stars” list from 2014-2020.
Recent transactions include the representation of:*
- BrightSpire Capital, Inc., formerly known as Colony Credit Real Estate, in the $223 million sale of a portfolio of development and non-accrual investments.
- MG Partners Multi-Strategy Fund LP as an investor in the PIPE transaction as part of Codere Online’s $350 million business combination with DD3 Acquisition Corp. II, a publicly-traded SPAC.
- Insight as an investor in the PIPE transaction as part of WeWork’s $9 billion SPAC merger with BowX Acquisition Corp.
- WilsonHCG, a portfolio company of CIP Capital, in its investment from 3i Group.
- Carnegie Learning, Inc., a portfolio company of CIP Capital, and a leader in artificial intelligence (AI) for education and formative assessment, in connection with a strategic growth investment from Madison Dearborn.
- Various alternative asset managers in connection with PIPE transactions, including the $24 billion combination of Churchill Capital Corp IV and Lucid Motors, the $11 billion combination of Churchill Capital Corporation III and MultiPlan and the $10.4 billion combination of FinTech Acquisition Corp. V and eToro.
- Tenex Capital Management in its investment in Wolf Home Products, a provider of kitchen and bath, outdoor living and building products.
- Affinitiv, Inc., a portfolio company of CIP Capital, in its merger with Loop LLC (dba AutoLoop), creating the largest provider of data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle.
- Bedford Capital and Voalte, Inc., a pioneer and leader in real-time, mobile healthcare communications, in the sale of Voalte to global medical technology company Hill-Rom for $180 million.
- Cisive, a portfolio company of CIP Capital, in its acquisition of healthcare background screening company PreCheck.
- CIP Capital in its sale of OnCourse Learning to Bertelsmann Education Group.
- CIP Capital in its investment in New Mountain Learning LLC, a leading provider of digital and blended learning solutions to the K-12, higher education and career learning markets.
- A sovereign wealth fund in connection with acquisitions and investments across a range of sectors.
- Tenex Capital Management and Hub Pen, the second largest designer and supplier of promotional writing instruments in the United States, in connection with various add-on acquisitions.
- Harvest Partners and Valet Waste, a leading national provider of value-added services to the multifamily housing industry, in connection with several strategic acquisitions.
- CIP Capital in its investment in Wilson Human Capital Group, Inc., a global leader of innovative talent solutions. CIP Capital's partnership enables WilsonHCG to accelerate growth and strengthen its position in global markets.
- Harvest Partners and Dental Care Alliance, one of the country's largest dental support organizations, in its acquisition of Konikoff Dental Associates, a leading Virginia provider of dental services.
- CIP Capital in its acquisition of CARCO, a leading provider of tech-enabled and compliance-driven human capital management and risk management solutions.
- Carbonite, Inc. and its Board of Directors in connection with a hostile tender offer by j2 Global, Inc. and the exploration of strategic alternatives.
- CIP Capital in its acquisition of Community Investors, a leading provider of SaaS solutions to the property management and residential homeowner association markets.
- Dock Square Capital in its minority investment in auto warranty company Protect My Car.
- Harvest Partners and Packers Sanitation Services, Inc., a leading contract sanitation service provider, in connection with several strategic acquisitions, including the acquisition of DCS Sanitation Management, Inc.
- CIP Capital in its acquisition of OnCourse Learning Corporation, a leading national provider of online training and compliance solutions to the financial services, insurance, real estate, home inspection, appraisal and IT end markets.
- A financial institution in connection with the seed investment in a multi-manager investment fund and joint venture with respect thereto.
- CIP Capital and eDriving (a CIP Capital portfolio company) in connection with the acquisition of DriversEd.com.
- Harvest Partners and AxelaCare Health Solutions (a Harvest Partners portfolio company), a leading provider of specialty home infusion services specializing in IVIg (immune globulin), in the acquisition of Sirona Infusion, Inc., a leading acute home infusion provider.
- Harvest Partners and Packers Sanitation Services, Inc. (a Harvest Partners portfolio company), a leading contract sanitation service provider, in connection with several strategic acquisitions, including the acquisition of DCS Sanitation Management, Inc.
- A group of significant shareholders holding approximately $650 million of Clearwire Corp. stock in connection with the acquisition of Clearwire by Sprint Nextel Corp.
- The acquisition of a publicly traded marketer and seller of fixed annuity, life insurance and accident and health insurance products.
- Star Avenue Capital in connection with its investment in It’Sugar, a chain of specialty candy and gift stores located throughout the United States and select international markets.
- The acquisition of a publicly traded leading technology and end-to-end solution provider for unified visual communications.
- CIP Capital and Dantom Systems (a CIP Capital portfolio company) in the acquisition of PSC Info Group, a leading national provider of innovative, technology-enabled solutions and revenue acceleration tools that streamline the collection of consumer payments, from a private equity fund.
- CIP Capital in its acquisition of I Drive Safely, LLC, a leading provider of online driver training solutions serving teenagers, adults, senior citizens and corporations.
* Eric advised on some of these matters while at a prior firm.