Laura Acker is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in New York. Laura’s practice includes public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, capital market transactions and general corporate and securities law matters.
Laura has advised on the following significant matters:
- Atlas Holdings in its acquisition of wire manufacturer and marketer International Wire Group Holdings
- Level 3 Communications in its sale to CenturyLink ($34 billion) and its acquisition of tw telecom ($7.3 billion)
- Franklin Templeton Investments in its acquisition of alternative credit manager Benefit Street Partners
- Alleghany Corporation in the sale of Pacific Compensation Insurance Company to CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company
- W&W|AFCO Steel in its acquisition of Hirschfeld Industries
- Alleghany Capital Corporation in its majority investment in W&W|AFCO Steel
- Jay Alix, founder of AlixPartners, in the acquisition of an ownership stake in the business from CVC Capital Partners, a transaction valuing AlixPartners at more than $2.5 billion
- Men’s Wearhouse in its rejection of the $2.3 billion unsolicited buyout bid from Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. and in its subsequent $1.8 billion acquisition of Jos. A. Bank
- Mueller Industries and Atlas Holdings in the acquisition of Tecumseh Products
- Zurich Insurance Group in its acquisition of Rural Community Insurance Services (RCIS) from Wells Fargo for up to $1.05 billion
- Pan-American Life Insurance Group in its merger with Mutual Trust Financial Group
- Aviva plc in its $2.5 billion sale of Aviva USA Corporation to Athene Holding Ltd.
- Constitutional Medical Investors Inc. in its sale to Roche Diagnostics
- Tradecard Inc., a Warburg Pincus portfolio company, in connection with its merger with GT Nexus, Inc.
- Sferra Bros. Ltd., in connection with an investment by funds advised by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, Inc.
- Arbor Realty Trust Special Committee in connection with its acquisition of assets from external manager
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Taro Pharmaceutical Industries in connection with Taro’s proposed buyout by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- Centerview Partners in connection with Salix Pharmaceuticals’ sale to Valeant Pharmaceuticals
- Credit Suisse Securities in connection with Montpelier Re Holdings’ sale to Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.
- CURO Group Holdings Corp., a portfolio company of Friedman Fleischer & Lowe, in its initial public offering of common stock
- Vertiv Intermediate Holding Corporation in an offering of senior PIK toggle notes
- Platinum Equity in high yield financing in connection with Platinum’s acquisition of Vertiv Corporation
- Ryerson Holding Corporation in its public offering of 5,000,000 shares of common stock and in a 144A offering of senior secured notes and related refinancing transactions
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in its series of three multi-tranche, multi-market offerings of senior notes aggregating $20.4 billion to finance its pending acquisition of Actavis Generics, the worldwide generic pharmaceutical business of Allergan plc.
- Level 3 Communications in numerous offerings of senior notes
- Take-Two Interactive Software in its offerings of convertible senior notes
- The initial purchasers in connection with a $250 million senior notes offering by a Lennar Corporation subsidiary, Rialto Holdings
- The initial purchasers in connection with offerings of senior notes by Lennar Corporation