Carly G. Saviano is a partner in the firm's Real Estate Department. Carly represents all types of clients in the real estate industry, including developers, private equity investors and funds, hedge funds, REITS, public companies, real estate families and other real estate investors and operators, across all real estate asset classes. She advises on a broad range of complex real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, preferred equity investments and financings, and workout negotiations and restructurings.
Carly was selected to serve on Law360’s Real Estate Editorial Advisory Board in 2020.
Carly has advised on the following significant matters:
- Represented Harbor Group International in the acquisition of a 36 apartment portfolio for $1.85 billion, the 5th largest apartment portfolio sale to date.
- Represented Paramount Group, Inc. in the raising of $600 million worth of commitments for a co-investment fund called the Paramount Gateway Office Club.
- Represented Paramount Group, Inc. in a multi-layer recapitalization transaction to admit affiliates of SRE Group, Ltd., a Chinese investment company, and The John Buck Company, a Chicago-based developer, as partners to develop 75 Howard Street, a parking garage in San Francisco previously wholly owned by Paramount’s Residential Development Fund, into a 133 unit luxury condominium building on the waterfront.
- Represented The Generation Companies in its $215 million recapitalization and roll-up of four portfolios comprising 23 hotels, consolidating them into one portfolio with its new joint venture partner, a fund controlled by StepStone Real Estate Group.
- Represented Paramount Group, Inc. in its $112 million acquisition of a Class A landmarked office building in NOHO.
- Represented Hudson’s Bay Company in its €1.338 billion acquisition financing of the Galeria Kaufhof shopping center chain.
- Represented a family business in the sale of its interest in 817 Broadway, a 140,000-square-foot commercial building located at the corner of East 12th Street in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village.
- Represented a prominent real estate investment firm in its $170 million preferred equity investment in a multi-asset REIT.
- Represented Allianz Life Insurance of North America, the insurance giant, in its sale of a 7.97 million square-foot portfolio of industrial assets in the central New Jersey, Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta and Columbus markets.
- Represented Israeli insurance company in its negotiation of the framework of an investment platform with CIM.
- Represented Paramount Group Inc. in multiple preferred equity investments.
- Assisted Paramount Group, Inc. in its joint venture with a prominent Israeli insurance company and negotiation of a co-investment with the PA State Employees Retirement System, in connection with Paramount’s 2014 acquisition of 50 Beale Street, a Class A office building located in San Francisco.
- Represented a preeminent investment firm in its acquisition of a riverfront development site in Westchester County and related joint venture agreement.
- Represented a preeminent investment firm in a series of complex, multi-party transactions resulting in its acquisition of a portfolio of properties in South Carolina, Ireland and St. Kitts.
- Assisted Sunrise Senior Living Inc. in the acquisition of interests of multiple joint venture partners in a range of portfolios, and resale of certain interests to form new joint ventures for ownership in Sunrise managed properties.
- Represented Sunrise Senior Living in obtaining construction loan financing with respect to new assisted living facilities to be developed in California.
- Represented prominent media company in its acquisition of a $394.2 million California office building.
- Advised AmBase Capital in its joint venture investment in 111 West 57th Street, commonly known as the “Steinway” Building, a landmarked Manhattan building.
- Closed the acquisition, joint venture, private placement equity raise and financing arrangements for multiple hospitality and resort assets for private developer Scout Real Estate Capital.
- Represented L3C Partners in their acquisition of multifamily apartment buildings in St. Louis, MO and Baltimore, Maryland.
- Represented Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the $61.25 million sale of a Class A office building in Fairfax, VA.
- Advised the majority lenders in a consortium of lenders to Kerzner International Limited with respect to the restructuring of the credit facility.