Ludger Kempf is counsel in the Tax Department. He focuses on providing tax advice for institutional, corporate and private clients in international and German legal and tax matters including mergers and acquisitions, corporate tax matters, reorganizations and liquidation/dissolution of structures. Ludger is author of commentaries on German Income Tax Act and German Investment Act.
Ludger speaks German, English and French.
Ludger has advised on the following transactions:
- Advised Questel and its financial sponsors Eurazeo, IK Investment Partners and Raise Investissement on the contemplated acquisition of NovumIP from Paragon Partners
- Advised Lone Star and Stark Group A/S on the acquisition of building materials merchant SGBDD (including Raab Karcher) with revenues of around €3 billion, from Saint Gobain and on their bid for CRH's European building materials business valued €1.6 billion*
- Advised Lone Star in setting-up a management equity program for managing/advisory board members of a German bank*
- Advised Apax Digital on its investment into Signavio, a leading provider of business transformation solutions valued €350 million*
- Advised GHO Capital on the acquisition of Linimed group, a leading German provider of care services, from Vitruvian Partners and its founders as well as setting-up a management equity program*
- Advised Towerbrook's portfolio company Infopro Digital on the acquisition of DOCUGroup Group from GMT Communications Partners as well as on post-closing restructuring measures (e.g. cross-border merger)*
- Advised and represented Lone Star in a fiscal court claim (now in front of the Federal Tax Court) regarding interest from convertible bonds*
- Advised EQT on its sale of Roeser Group, Germany's leading manufacturer-independent distributor of medical supplies, to Sana Kliniken AG*
- Advised Centerbridge on the acquisition from Suzlon group and on a management incentive program; furthermore, advised the 1.5 billion IPO of SENVION as well as represented Senvion in a tax indemnity litigation*
- Advised and represented Lone Star on tax indemnity litigation relating to the acquisition of Corealbank AG, one of the largest mortgage banks in Germany*
- Advised Tipico Group on the sale of the founders/shareholders of Tipico Group in the sale of a majority stake in the company to CVC Capital Partners*
*Ludger advised on these transactions prior to joining Willkie.