Brad Honeycutt is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. He advises energy companies, private equity investors and other public and private companies in connection with corporate and transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, private financing transactions, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and general corporate matters. Brad regularly represents clients in the North American upstream and midstream oil and gas sectors. Drawing on his executive management team experience, Brad takes a commercial approach to his practice, focusing on legal issues that are critical to his clients’ meeting their business objectives.
His experience includes the following representative matters*:
- Representation of Selenite Energy Partners, a portfolio company of Carnelian Energy Capital Management, in connection with multiple asset investment transactions in the North American upstream oil and gas sector, including DrillCo overriding royalty and other structured oil and gas asset transactions
- Pan Capital Management LP in the establishment of its private equity firm business including the formation of its initial $125 million private equity fund, Pan Resources Opportunity Fund LP (“Pan Resources Fund”). Pan Resources Fund will focus on lower and middle market investments in the North American upstream oil and gas sub-sectors of the energy industry.
- Numerous M&A and joint venture transactions involving consideration of $100 million and several transactions involving consideration of $1 billion
- Multiple private equity sponsors and portfolio companies in oil and gas asset transactions located in the Permian, Eagle Ford and Haynesville plays
- Private Energy Investment Partnership in its formation and capital raise involving ~ $200 million
- Hedge fund in its formation and launch of a physical commodity trading business
- Hedge fund in its formation of a hard asset investment platform
- Family office in its divestiture of a subsidiary involving consideration ~ $150 million
- Castleton Commodities International LLC in the equity investment by Tokyo Gas America Ltd. in Castleton Resources LLC, a subsidiary of Castleton Commodities International
- Castleton Commodities International LLC in its acquisition of upstream and midstream assets from Anadarko Petroleum Corporation for $1 billion
*Brad advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie in 2022.
Prior to joining Willkie, Brad was a partner at Baker Botts LLP. Earlier in his career, he served as the Senior Vice President and General Counsel of a large oil and gas private equity portfolio company, where he was a founding member of the management team and responsible for sourcing, structuring and executing strategic transactions in addition to serving as the lead in-house legal counsel.