Logan Elliott, a partner in the Litigation Department, is an experienced trial and appellate litigator who represents companies and individuals in a variety of high-stakes business litigation matters. Logan has substantial experience handling a wide range of litigation matters, including entertainment, trust and estate, real estate, finance, and general commercial litigation. His experience includes all aspects of litigation in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts, for high net worth individuals and national and international companies. He is well-versed in managing all aspects of dispute management and litigation for his clients, including pre-litigation settlement, pre-trial and trial practice, motion practice, complex fact and expert discovery matters, witness preparation, mediation, and appellate practice. He also counsels clients on strategy and future liability concerns.
Logan advised on the following significant matters*:
- Represented plaintiff in six-day arbitration proceeding, prevailed on breach of contract claims, defeated counter-claims, and secured seven-figure arbitration award including damages, attorneys’ fees, costs, and pre-judgment interest
- Represented the beneficiary of an Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust (ILIT), defeated claims by competing putative beneficiaries, and secured the benefits of multiple life insurance policies
- Won more than 35 motions to dismiss fraudulent transfer and related actions in bankruptcy court litigation
- Obtained a nearly six-figure sanctions award against an adverse plaintiff for pursuing frivolous breach of contract claims
- Represented an international commercial real estate developer in a breach of contract matter, resulting in a favorable post-trial judgment of approximately $11 million in current and prospective damages, and $1.2 million in attorney fees and costs
- Represented and counseled leading companies and individuals in the film finance and entertainment industry in a variety of matters
- Represented a major shopping center developer and commercial landlord at multiple bench trials
*Logan advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.