James H. Burbage is an associate in the Business Reorganization & Restructuring Department in New York. Jim represents both debtors and creditors in large, complex, chapter 11 cases and out of court restructurings. Jim also regularly represents ad hoc groups comprised of hedge funds, commercial banks and other sophisticated investors. Jim serves on the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
Jim’s selected significant matters include:
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company: Counsel to Ad Hoc Group of Subrogation Claim Holders
- Southcross Energy Partners, L.P: Counsel to Ad Hoc Group of Term Loan Lenders
- Claire’s Stores, Inc.: Counsel to Ad Hoc Group of First Lien Lenders
- Title III Case of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, et al.: Counsel to COFINA Agent
- Illinois Power Generating Co.: Counsel to Ad Hoc Group of Noteholders