Sebastian Brenner is an associate in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, specializing in private equity and distressed transactions, complex cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, carve-outs and restructurings. Sebastian regularly represents financial investors as well as corporate clients and has particular experience in the sectors technology, software, healthcare, industrials and financial services.
Prior to joining Willkie, Sebastian worked at other elite US law firms in Frankfurt and London.
Sebastian is fluent in German and English.
Sebastian has advised on the following selected significant matters*:
Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Advent International on the acquisition of a 30% stake in Aareon AG and certain add-on acquisitions
- Alder on the sale of r2p GmbH to HQ Equita
- Apax Digital on the investment in Signavio and acquisition from Summit Partners (series C round)
- ARDIAN on the sale its shares of Berlin Brands Group to Bain Capital
- Bain Capital on the majority acquisition of Kantar from WPP
- Nordic Capital on the acquisition of
- Prospitalia Group
- Ober Scharrer Group
- palero on the acquisition of Sanimed from Paul Hartmann AG
- Providence Strategic Growth on various acquisitions
- Technology Crossover Ventures on investments in
- FlixBus (series F round)
- fintech Mambu (series D round)
- Danaher Corporation on the acquisition of Advanced Vision Technology (A.V.T.) Ltd.
- EQOS Energie on the acquisition of FRB from Bilfinger SE
- KAP Beteiligungs AG
- in connection with Carlyle’s tender offer
- on the acquisition of Gt Oberflächen GmbH
- on the acquisition of Metallveredlung Döbeln GmbH and Oberflächentechnik Döbeln GmbH
- on the sale of Kirson Industrial Reinforcements GmbH to Saint-Gobain
- OTPPB/Exal Corporation on the business combination with Ardagh Group’s Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business under the new name Trivium Packaging
- STARK Deutschland GmbH on the acquisition of Tröger & Entenmann Group, a leading German provider of water and gas supply and wastewater disposal solutions
- A co-investor in connection with KKR’s tender offer regarding Axel Springer
- A traditional German world market leader on the virtual split of the group into certain divisions
- palero on the sales of
- Hakle GmbH
- Spiele Max GmbH
- Medical One GmbH
- Krähe-Versand GmbH & Co.KG
- Sapinda on the acquisition of La Perla Group
- Advice on various restructurings
*Sebastian advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie.