Anne-Laure Barel is a senior associate in the Public Law department of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in Paris.
Anne-Laure has significant experience in the resolution of disputes arising from the performance of administrative agreements (mainly concession agreements and public-private partnerships). For instance, this past year, she has played a major role in a pre-litigation matter related to a urban motorway.
Anne-Laure also has valuable experience in general public law. In this regard, she handles matters involving local governments or public / semi-public companies.
Anne-Laure’s clients are both public (local governments or semipublicly owned companies) and private (public works companies and investment funds).
Anne-Laure has advised on the following significant matters:
- advised the lenders in the refinancing of the French A63 toll road (between Gironde and Landes), which involved a €860 million credit facility with a 25-year maturity made available to Concessionaire Atlandes
- advised Agence France Locale, the first funding agency 100% owned by local governments and dedicated to their financing in France
- advised the sponsors on the Nîmes Montpellier High Speed Railway Link PPP contract (HSL - CNM)
- advises Autostrade per l’Italia and its parent company Atlantia on the Eco Tax Project
- advises the city of Paris on its complex public contracts
- advised the lenders on the L2 project
- advised the lenders on the project related to Toulouse University
- advised Caen Hospital with regards to the implementation of the Women/Children hematology unit (public contract)