Sarah B. Wong is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. Sarah’s practice includes advising private equity firms and companies on mergers and acquisitions (both domestic and cross-border), divestitures, venture and growth capital investments, joint ventures, restructurings and general corporate matters, in each case, across a variety of industries. She also regularly advises portfolio companies of private equity clients with respect to their corporate needs, including acquisitions and commercial issues.
Sarah has advised on the following significant matters:
- Insight Partners and Achieve3000 in Achieve3000’s sale to McGraw Hill
- Zurich Insurance Group and its subsidiary Farmers Group, Inc. in the $3.94 billion acquisition by Farmers Group of MetLife’s property and casualty business
- Zurich Insurance Group in its agreement to sell its U.S. Corporate Life and Pensions (Group Benefits) business to Aflac
- BNP Paribas Cardif in the negotiation of a long-term bancassurance strategic alliance in Latin America with Scotiabank
- Zurich Insurance Group in the acquisition of Australian insurer QBE in Latin America for $409 million
- Insight Venture Partners in its investment in open banking platform Tink
- Genstar Capital and its portfolio company Apex Group on the acquisition, with SALU Capital and Inlife Holding, of Luxembourg PE fund AFO-2
- A Place for Mom in its acquisition by private equity firms Silver Lake and General Atlantic from private equity firm Warburg Pincus LLC.
- Apex Group Ltd. and Genstar Capital in Apex’s agreement to acquire the Deutsche Bank Alternative Fund Services business
- Genstar Capital in its agreement to recapitalize independent fund administrator Apex Fund Services
- Genstar Capital in its agreement to acquire Equinoxe Alternative Investment Services
- Insight Partners in its acquisition of Zyme
- Illuminate Education, a portfolio company of Insight Partners, in its acquisition of FastBridge Learning, and in its acquisitions of SchoolCity, IO Education and Alpine Achievement in a multi-party merger