Sarah Wastler is a partner in the Litigation Department in Washington. Sarah has experience in commercial litigation, civil antitrust matters, government and internal investigations, employment litigation, and various kinds of contract and business disputes.
Sarah has advised on the following significant matters:
- General Electric Co. v. United States (Ct. Fed. Cl.): Represented GE in $1 billion dispute with government concerning pension and health care costs under government contracts.
- Represented international accounting firm and its partners in connection with securities law enforcement matters arising from SEC and PCAOB investigations.
- In re Insurance Brokerage Antitrust Litigation: Represented Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. in defense of federal multidistrict litigation arising out of government investigations of insurance industry.
- Represented a Guantanamo Bay detainee in a habeas corpus action.
- EEOC v. Bloomberg LP, 778 F. Supp. 2d 458 (S.D.N.Y. 2011): obtained summary judgment for client Bloomberg LP with respect to pattern-and-practice claim.
- Arista Records, LLC. et al. v. Lime Wire, LLC et al. (S.D.N.Y.): Represented defendant Lime Wire and its founder in damages phase of multibillion-dollar trial against the major record companies for inducing copyright infringement.