Dr. Moritz S. Vettermann is special European counsel in the Corporate & Financial Services Department and leads the real estate practice in the Frankfurt Office. His focus is on national and international real estate transactions, PE-related real estate commitments, portfolio structurings, joint ventures as well as asset management topics. He has worked for clients such as Hudson’s Bay Company, UBS Real Estate, Patrizia, Samsung, Sal Oppenheim, Colony, IFM Immobilien AG and Norsk AG. Prior to joining Willkie, Moritz was an associate at another international U.S. law firm.
Moritz is fluent in German and English. He understands Spanish and French.
- Hudson’s Bay Company on the sale of Kaufhof Hohe Straße (Cologne), 2019
- Hudson’s Bay Company on the sale of Carsch-Haus (Königsallee, Düsseldorf), 2019
- Samsung on real estate matters in Germany, 2018/2019
- NORSK AG on the establishment of the company as new real estate developer, 2018
- Sal Oppenheim on the lease of Rüttenscheider Tor (Essen), 2018*
- Patrizia Real Estate on various real estate matters, e.g. the lease of Seestern 24 (Düsseldorf) to Daimler Real Estate, 2017*
- IFM Immobilien AG on the sale of Zeilgalerie (Frankfurt) to RFR, 2016/2017*
- Colony Capital on the sale of Victory Stadt Lofts (Berlin) to Schroders 2016*
- UBS Real Estate on the sale and acquisition of various real estate, e.g. Isartor-City (München), Sonnenstraße (München), Universitätsallee (Bremen), 2015-2016 *
- Prime Office German AS on the sale of various real estate, e.g. Neuer Zollhof 3 (Düsseldorf), Am Kaiserkai (Hamburg), Steinstraße (Hamburg), 2015-2016*
* Moritz advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.