Dr. Moritz S. Vettermann is counsel in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. His focus is on national and international real estate transactions, private equity related real estate investments, portfolio structurings, joint ventures as well as asset management topics. He has worked for clients such as Arax Properties, Tristan Capital Partners, Brookfield, UBS Real Estate, Patrizia, Blantyre Capital, Greystar, CVC, Groß & Partner, Cheyne Capital, Hudson’s Bay Company, Deutsche Landentwicklung AG, CR Investment Management, Domicil, StoneVest AG, Samsung, Colony Capital as well as for various US hedge funds. Prior to joining Willkie, Moritz was an associate at another international U.S. law firm.
- Blantyre Capital on its acquisition of a Frankfurt hotel and partnership with the LyvInn hotel brand
- STARK Deutschland GmbH on the acquisition of Tröger & Entenmann Group, a leading German provider of water and gas supply and wastewater disposal solutions
- STARK Deutschland GmbH in its agreement to acquire Melle Gallhöfer, a leading German specialist dealer for roofs and facades, from private equity fund palero
- StoneVest, Wulf Meinel and Bruce Jenyon on the formation of the IPE platform as well as IPE on the acquisition of the first two properties
- Hudson’s Bay Company on the sale of Kaufhof Hohe Straße (Cologne)
- Hudson’s Bay Company on the sale of Carsch-Haus (Königsallee, Düsseldorf)
- Samsung on real estate matters in Germany
- NORSK AG on the establishment of the company as new real estate developer
- Sal Oppenheim on the lease of Rüttenscheider Tor (Essen)
- Patrizia Real Estate on various real estate matters, e.g. the lease of Seestern 24 (Düsseldorf) to Daimler Real Estate
- IFM Immobilien AG on the sale of Zeilgalerie (Frankfurt) to RFR
- Colony Capital on the sale of Victory Stadt Lofts (Berlin) to Schroders
- UBS Real Estate on the sale and acquisition of various real estate, e.g. Isartor-City (Munich), Sonnenstraße (Munich), Universitätsallee (Bremen)
- Prime Office German AS on the sale of various real estate, e.g. Neuer Zollhof 3 (Düsseldorf), Am Kaiserkai (Hamburg), Steinstraße (Hamburg)
* Moritz advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.