David Tarr is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department and Co-Chair of the Finance Practice Group. David focuses on finance transactions with an emphasis on leveraged and acquisition finance. He represents corporate borrowers, private equity sponsors and lenders in a variety of secured and unsecured transactions.
Chambers USA (2020) recognizes David among the leading individuals practicing in the area of Banking & Finance.
David's representative matters include*:
- Precinmac Precision Machining, a manufacturer of high-precision machined components and assemblies in the aerospace and defense, semiconductor, and industrials sectors, in its acquisitions of Viper Northwest, Inc. and Shields Manufacturing, Inc.
- Interpublic Group in a $500 million credit facility
- CenturyLink in Level 3 Financing’s successful refinancing of its $4.61 billion senior secured Tranche B 2024 Term Loan
- Platinum Equity on the financing aspects of its $2.74 billion acquisition of Cision Ltd.
- The Sterling Group and its portfolio company Construction Supply Group in Construction Supply’s acquisition of Construction Materials
- Keg Logistics LLC on secured financing for its acquisition of Keg Credit, LLC, which combines two of the leading keg providers in the U.S. craft brewing industry
- Hudson’s Bay Company on its $1.9 billion global ABL credit facility
- Insight Venture Partners on secured financing for its $624 million acquisition of Diligent Corporation
- Seaport Capital and its portfolio company B Media Group on secured financing for its acquisition of Showtime Outdoor Media
- Warburg Pincus on secured financing matters for its portfolio company Stratford School
- Warburg Pincus on financing matters in connection with sale of its portfolio company RegionalCare Hospital Partners
- Insight Venture Partners on secured financing for its acquisition of Fourth Hospitality
- HealthEquity, Inc. on secured revolving financing matters
- Hudson’s Bay Company on global secured financing for its €2.82 billion acquisition of Galeria Kaufhof
- Platinum Equity on secured financing matters for its acquisition of PrimeSource Building Products
- Insight Venture Partners on secured financing for its acquisition of e2open
- Certain bondholders of Liberty Tire Recycling in connection with out-of-court debt restructuring matter
- Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan on senior secured financing for the £365 million acquisition of Bridon Limited
- 3i Group PLC on senior secured financing for the $202.5 million acquisition of A&A Manufacturing
- Investors led by Macquarie Group in senior secured and bridge financing commitments for the $3.4 billion acquisition of Cleco Corporation
- Quinpario Acquisition Corp. on $460 million of senior credit facilities incurred to finance its acquisition of Jason Incorporated
- The Carlyle Group on senior secured and bridge financing for its acquisition of the Industrial Packaging Group segment of Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Texas Competitive Electric Company LLC and its subsidiaries on $4.475 billion debtor-in-possession financing
- ABRY Partners on $335 million first and second lien credit facilities incurred to acquire Aegis Sciences Corporation
- MidOcean Partners on $335 million first and second lien senior secured financing for the acquisition of Water Pik, Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent and certain of its global subsidiaries in connection with €300 million and $2.25 billion senior secured credit facilities
- The Carlyle Group on the senior credit facilities incurred to acquire Service King Paint & Body and on subsequent sale of company
- Tronox Incorporated in a debtor-in-possession and exit term loan, ABL credit facilities, and subsequent $1.8 billion global refinancing in its acquisition of the South African and Australian mineral sands business of Exxaro and concurrent corporate restructuring and recapitalizations
- Atlantic Broadband on $1.05 billion of first and second lien senior secured "precap" credit facilities
- GSO Capital as lender in a debt financing for the acquisition of Tekelec
- iGate Corporation and Apax Partners in the financing for their acquisition of a majority stake in Patni Computer Systems
- Bain Capital on the secured financing for their acquisition of Air Medical Holdings and subsequent recapitalizations
Prior to joining Willkie, David was a partner at Kirkland & Ellis.
*David advised on some of these matters at his prior firm.