Allie R. Strauss is a partner in the Real Estate Department and a member of the Real Estate Finance practice group of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in New York, where she focuses on commercial real estate lending. Allie’s focus includes the origination, acquisition and disposition (including securitization and syndication) of mortgage loans, mezzanine financings and subordinate debt, post-closing modifications, restructurings and workouts, and loan sales and purchases. Allie has represented debt funds, institutional lenders, investment banks, life insurance companies, commercial banks, loan servicers and domestic and foreign real estate companies and investors on real estate transactions across all asset classes, including hospitality, retail, office, multifamily and life sciences properties. Allie’s experience includes advising clients on construction financing, bridge loans, and stabilized asset financing. She also has experience handling joint venture investments and acquisitions and dispositions of real estate assets.
Allie is a member of the CRE Finance World Editorial Board.
- Represented the lender in connection with the origination of mortgage and mezzanine financing in the aggregate amount of $235 million secured by a luxury golf and spa resort in Texas.
- Represented the lender in connection with a $184 million mortgage loan secured by a mixed-use residential development in downtown Durham, North Carolina.
- Represented the lender in connection with a $239 million mortgage loan facility secured by four multifamily apartment complexes.
- Represented the lender in connection with a construction loan of up to $89 million to finance the construction of a new apartment building in the San Francisco area.
- Represented the lender in connection with a $490 million mortgage loan secured by a transitioning life sciences property in Massachusetts.
- Represented various lenders in connection with the restructure of mortgage and mezzanine loans secured by a variety of asset classes (including hotels and resorts) during the COVID-19 pandemic, including forbearances and amendments related to PPP loans.
- Represented a joint venture fund in connection with the workout of a term loan facility secured by four senior housing properties.
- Represented an investment bank in connection with a $855,000,000 mortgage and mezzanine refinancing secured by interests in 48 select service, extended stay and limited service hotels located in 21 states.*
*Allie advised on this matter prior to joining Willkie.