Skyler J. Silvertrust is a senior associate in the Litigation Department. He focuses on complex commercial disputes and government/regulatory investigations. His practice spans a wide range of industries and legal areas, including matters involving the aviation and aerospace, banking and financial services, telecommunications, manufacturing, real estate and construction, insurance, publishing, and media and entertainment sectors. He has significant experience with breach of contract and business tort claims, class actions, complex fraud and financial litigation, disputes involving restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets, antitrust and unfair competition matters, and deceptive trade practice cases.
Some of Skyler’s recent representations include*:
- Represented a leading chemical manufacturer in federal jury trial in New York relating to insurance coverage for environmental liabilities, leading to recovery of more than $100 million
- Successfully defeated breach of contract and fraud claims against an aerospace manufacturer in a $20 million international arbitration
- Represented a major financial services company in federal and state cases seeking recovery of over $95 million in alleged losses in securities lending program
- Represented a wireless telephone service provider in a commercial arbitration against a major telecommunications company involving breach of contract claims arising out of a complex rate dispute
- Represented a leading global insurance brokerage firm in employee raid and trade secret misappropriation cases in multiple jurisdictions, including at a California state court trial
- Represented a major international airline in connection with bribery investigations initiated by the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Represented a global retailer in a series of class action antitrust lawsuits
- Represented a real estate developer in a partnership dispute related to the development of a landmark Chicago office tower
*Skyler advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie.