Jane Scobie is a partner in the Tax Department. She advises clients on a broad range of complex corporate and commercial tax matters with a particular focus on private equity transactions including investments, private and public company takeovers, private fund formation and restructurings as well as other private funds issues. She also assists clients on employment taxation and share incentive arrangements.
Jane has been recognised by numerous publications and ranking authorities over the course of her career, including Chambers Europe, Chambers Global and The Legal 500 UK. She was also honoured with a 2017 Client Choice award.
M&A and Private Equity*
- Volante Group in its sale of a majority stake to Acrisure.
- Cresta Fund Management in its investment in Lapis Energy LP.
- Searchlight Capital Partners in its agreement to acquire a majority stake in Celestyal Cruises.
- Bluewater on its acquisition of IMServ Europe Limited from Schneider Electric.
- Freshstream on the sale of leading UK holiday resort business Away Resorts to CVC Capital Partners.
- CapVest Partners on its agreement to sell portfolio company Eight Fifty Food Group to Sofina Food Inc.
- NextPharma on its agreement to acquire the Ploermel and Edinburgh production sites of biotechnology company Lonza.
- Take-Two Interactive Software on the proposed takeover of London-listed Codemasters for approximately $994 million in cash and Take-Two stock.
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners on its acquisition of BigHand Ltd., a leading provider of workflow software solutions.
- Atlas Holdings in its acquisition of global contractor Permasteelisa.
- CapVest Partners and its portfolio company Valeo Foods in its acquisition of Campbell’s European Chips Business.
- CapVest Partners and its portfolio company Karro Food Group in the acquisition of Young’s Seafood.
- PAI Partners, the owners of StellaGroup, in StellaGroup’s acquisition of the shutters & awnings platform of CRH.
- Ares Management Limited on the provision of a senior and PIK financing package to refinance the Daisy Group’s existing financing arrangements and fund the buyout of certain investors in the Daisy Group.
- Shareholders of Albéa S.A. on the US$1.5 billion sale of Albéa S.A. to PAI Partners.
- Sun Capital portfolio company Exopack on the creation of the Coveris Group and subsequent US$1.2 billion re-financing.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners, L.P. on the acquisition by funds under its control of Independent Clinical Services (“ICS”) from private equity funds managed by affiliates of The Blackstone Group, L.P.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on the £365 million acquisition of Bridon Limited
- Summit Partners on its majority investment in Independent Vetcare Holdings Limited, one of the largest private veterinary groups in the United Kingdom.
- Searchlight Capital Partners on the acquisition of a controlling interest in Ocean Outdoor U.K. Ltd.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on the acquisition of Burton’s Biscuits Company.*
- Sun Capital Partners on the acquisition of a business division of Invensys Plc., comprising the design, manufacture and supply of appliance controls (Invensys Appliance) from Schneider Electric.*
- KKR on its acquisition of lifting equipment company Crosby Group and specialty material handling equipment maker Acco Material Handling Solutions from Melrose Industries Plc for around US$1 billion.*
- New Mountain Capital on its £260 million acquisition of Alexander Mann Solutions.*
- TowerBrook on its acquisition of AIM Aviation from Lloyds Development Capital.*
- Lancashire Holdings Limited on its inaugural offering of $450 million aggregate principal amount of 5.625% Fixed-Rate Reset Junior Subordinated Notes due 2041.
- Carlyle and IDH as to U.S. and English law on the £100 million tap offering of senior secured floating rate notes due 2018 to refinance obligations under IDH’s revolving credit facility.*
- The Carlyle Group and Integrated Dental Holdings on IDH’s £400 million High Yield Notes Offering.*
- Gramercy Property Trust Inc., a real estate investment trust, on the closing of a €350 million venture targeting single-tenant net leased assets and sale-leaseback opportunities across Europe.
- Towerbrook on its sale of a 10% stake in its management company.
- Lecta. Acting for the coordinating committee of senior secured noteholders in connection with the comprehensive restructuring of its €600 million senior secured notes by way of scheme of arrangement.
* Jane advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.
Jane co-authored the “United Kingdom” chapter of the Fundraising section in the fourth edition of the Private Equity Review. She is a member of the Tax Committee of The City of London Law Society.