Brice Pommiès is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and general corporate law matters. He has also acquired significant experience in corporate finance, with a specific focus on shipping financing. He was seconded to the New York office in 2009 and 2010.
Brice is ranked among the leading practitioners in the area of Transportation: Shipping (Finance) in France by Chambers Europe (2020), which highlights that “clients laud his deal-making skills and level of expertise in shipping finance.” He was also recognized as a “Next Generation Lawyer” by Legal 500 (2017), which highlighted that his “high professionalism and mastery of M&A, projects and finance’ make him a great adviser to industrial corporations.”
Brice has advised in the following significant matters:
- Counsel to Ceetrus in connection with its partnership with SNCF Mobilités for the renovation of Gare du Nord in Paris
- Counsel to CMA CGM as main shareholder of Global Ship Lease in connection with its merger with Poseidon Containers
- Counsel to La Martinière Groupe and its main shareholders in connection with the combination with Média-Participations creating the third-largest publishing group in France.
- Counsel to Pomona in its acquisition of eight concession holders within the Relais d'Or Miko network (exclusive distributor of Unilever premium brand ice creams in France).
- Counsel to Airbus Group in the disposal of its stake in Recaero.
- Counsel to Swissport in the sale of its French ground handling operations to GHTeam.
- Counsel to Transdev as shareholder of SNCM (operating ferries between Corsica and France) in relation to corporate and governance matters.
- Counsel to Motus Integrated Technologies in the acquisition of Johnson Controls French Headliners and Sunvisors activities.
- Counsel to NXMH in the acquisition of Stokke, the premium children´s furniture and equipment maker.
- Counsel to certain members of the Hermès family (acting in private capacity) as part of the strategic and financial investor group in the acquisition of Canadian-based women’s activewear maker Coalision Inc.
- Counsel to Michel Troisgros, the three Michelin star chef, in his partnership with Samsung Electronics.
- Counsel to CMA CGM in connection with the sale of a 49% stake in its wholly owned subsidiary Terminal Link to China Merchants Holdings International.
- Counsel to BUT in connection with certain financing matters and acquisition of franchisees.
- Counsel to Rexel in its acquisition of Eurodis.
- Counsel to PAI Partners in its sale of French engineering company SPIE to a consortium led by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
- Counsel to Cobepa in its acquisition of Laboratoires Goëmar.
- Counsel to Thales on its $2.2 billion agreement to purchase the satellite activities, transport signalling and critical infrastructure protection of Alcatel.
- Counsel to EADS in the negotiation and structuring of a European industrial project in the sector of unmanned air vehicles.
- Counsel to CVC Capital Partners in its joint acquisition with Electra Partners Europe of CPI-Chevrillon.
Financing and restructuring matters
- Counsel to CMA CGM in connection with:
- its €1.05 billion loan arranged by a consortium of three banks (BNP Paribas, HSBC and Société Générale) as part of France's state-guaranteed loan scheme established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- the financing of the tender offer on CEVA Logistics AG;
- financing matters relating to the sale to the EQT Infrastructure III fund of a 90 percent stake in APL Limited, whose wholly owned subsidiary, Eagle Marine Services, Ltd., operates Global Gateway South, a leading container terminal in the Port of Los Angeles;
- the financing of the tender offer on Neptune Orient Lines;
- sale and leaseback of vessels with various leasing houses;
- its €550,000,000 offering of 7.75% Senior Notes due 2021, €175,000,000 million tap issuance of additional Senior Notes, and concurrent tender offer and redemption;
- the financing of the acquisition of certain new build vessels in connection with tax lease arrangements, mortgage loans or sale and leaseback transactions;
- the restructuring of its indebtedness.
- Counsel to Chantiers de l’Atlantique (fka STX France) in connection with:
- the shipbuilding contract and construction financing of two new LNG-powered World Class cruise ships and one new extended Vista-Class cruise ship ordered by MSC Cruises;
- the shipbuilding contract and construction financing of two new Edge class cruise ships and one new Oasis class cruise ship ordered by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., for which the transaction won the award for "Best ECA-Backed Shipping Financing 2018" by Trade & Export Finance magazine;
- the shipbuilding contract and construction financing of two new Vista-Plus series cruise ships ordered by MSC Cruises;
- the construction financing for two Edge class cruise ships ordered by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.;
- the construction financing for the newbuild Oasis IV cruise ship ordered by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which transaction won the award for "Best ECA-Backed Shipping Financing 2015" by Trade & Export Finance magazine;
- the issuance of refund guarantees in relation to the construction of two new Vista series cruise ships ordered by MSC Cruises.
- Counsel to Eurotunnel in connection with the acquisition of certain vessels and assets of Seafrance as part of its judicial liquidation.
- Counsel to Goldman Sachs, Colony Capital and Merchant Equity Partners in connection with the financing of their acquisition of BUT, the French furniture and electricals business of Kesa Plc.
- Counsel to a Mexico bank in connection with its $75 million secured line of credit to a drilling company.
- Counsel to Adenclassifields in connection with its initial public offering.
- Counsel to GE Real Estate in connection with the tender offers launched on Bail Investissement and Beni Stabili.
- Counsel to Holding Bercy Investissement in its leveraged going-private acquisition of Elior, followed by a mandatory takeover and squeeze-out.
- Counsel to Vectrane in connection with its initial public offering.