Angela Olivarez is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. Angela has a varied corporate practice with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, capital markets transactions, and other corporate and securities matters. Her experience in mergers and acquisitions and private equity has included representing public and private acquirors and targets in a broad range of transactions, including mergers, asset acquisitions, and stock purchase transactions. In the securities and capital markets areas, she has represented issuers, underwriters, and investors in public and private offerings of both equity and debt securities and counsels on disclosure and corporate governance matters. Angela has been recognized by the Legal 500 US in the area of Capital Markets: High Yield Debt Offerings.
Angela has practiced in New York, London, and Houston. Her experience includes numerous cross-border transactions, and encompasses transactions in energy and a range of other industries.
In 2014, Angela was named one of Houston’s Top 25 Business Women by The National Women’s Council.
Angela’s recent experience* includes representing:
- HungerRush in its acquisition of 9Fold, an online omni-channel ordering and digital marketing software solutions company
- Genesis Park Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its $150 million initial public offering of units and warrants and listing of such securities on the New York Stock Exchange
- PCS Software in its acquisition of UltraShip TMS, a provider of cloud supply chain management technologies and services
- Marco Group International in its combination with the APE Companies to create Allredi, a top North American distributor of surface preparation, abrasives and safety products
- Marco Group International, as U.S. counsel, in its acquisition of Bell & MacKenzie Co. Ltd., a Canadian distributor of specialty abrasives and blast equipment, parts and accessories
- Marco Group International, as U.S. counsel, in its acquisition of Manus Abrasive Systems, an Edmonton, AB-based manufacturer and distributor of surface preparation equipment, abrasive materials and consumables
- Ontellus in its acquisition of ChartSwap, a cloud-based business to business medical record exchange portal
- Trinity Steel, a provider of structural steel fabrication services, in the sale of its assets to Patriot Erectors, Inc.
- Marco Group International in its acquisition of JAD Equipment, a distributor of surface preparation equipment and consumables
- Keais Records Service in its acquisition of National Legal Services, a provider of medical records summary services
- Keais Records Service in its acquisition of Second Image National, a provider of technology-enabled document retrieval, storage and organization services
- HungerRush, a CapStreet Group portfolio company, in its acquisition of OrdrAI
- Griffin Dewatering in its acquisition by Crossplane Capital
- CapStreet Group in its majority recapitalization of Surgical Notes LLC
- CapStreet Group in its majority recapitalization of PCS Software, Inc.
- CapStreet Group in its acquisition of Marco Group International
- CapStreet Group in its recapitalization of Cash Register Sales and Service of Houston, Inc. and its affiliated businesses to form CRS Solutions Holdings, LLC
- GSM Maritime Holdings in its sale to Logistec Corporation
- symplr, a portfolio company of The CapStreet Group, in its recapitalization led by Pamlico Capital and existing investors
- Second Lien Agent in connection with the Chapter 11 restructuring of Samson Resources Corporation
- CapStreet Group in its acquisition of a majority stake in Keais Records Service, LLC
- Ajinomoto North America in its $800 million acquisition of Windsor Quality Holdings
- UBS Securities LLC and the other underwriters in connection with the $157.9 million public offering of 15,000,000 common units by Capital Product Partners L.P.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, as representative of the initial purchasers, in the $300 million notes offering by Pioneer Energy Services
- Jefferies & Company, Inc. in the $100 million Rule 144A Convertible Note offering by Vantage Drilling Company
- Citigroup in the $775 million bond offering and $350 million term loan by Vantage Drilling subsidiary
- Citigroup and Jefferies & Company, Inc. in the $1.15 billion bond offering and $500 million term loan by Vantage Drilling subsidiary
- Jefferies & Company, Inc., as representative of initial purchasers, in the $775 million Rule 144A and Regulation S notes offering by Offshore Group Investment Limited and Vantage Drilling Company
- U.S. Bank National Association, as trustee, in the $3 billion offering of senior notes by Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
- U.S. Bank National Association, as trustee and collateral agent, in the $49.5 million exchange offer by Dune Energy
- Jefferies & Company, Inc., as initial purchaser, in the $175 million Rule 144A and Regulation S notes offering by Optima Specialty Steel
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch as representative of the initial purchasers in connection with the $175 Rule 144A and Regulation S notes offering by Pioneer Drilling Company
- The Independent Directors' Committee of the Crude Carriers Corp. Board of Directors in the $281.3 million unit-for-stock merger of Crude Carriers Corp. with Capital Product Partners L.P.
- Jefferies & Company, Inc., as initial purchaser and sole book-running manager, in connection with the $135 million Rule 144A and Regulation S notes offering by Tempel Steel Company
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Jefferies & Company, inc. in connection with the $100 million public offering of Common Stock by Pioneer Drilling Company
- Jefferies & Company, Inc. in connection with the $280 million Rule 144A and Regulation S notes offering by Forbes Energy Services Ltd.
- Jefferies & Company, Inc. and the other initial purchasers in connection with the $225 million Rule 144A and Regulation S notes offering by Offshore Group Investment Limited
- Energy Partners, Ltd in connection with its $200.7 million acquisition of oil-weighted Gulf of Mexico shelf properties from Anglo-Suisse Offshore Partners, LLC, and the related closing of a $210 million Rule 144A private placement
- Continental Airlines in its $8.5 billion merger with United Airlines
- Jefferies & Company, Inc. in connection with the $1 billion Rule 144A and Regulation S notes offering by Offshore Group Investment Limited
- Jefferies & Company, Inc. in connection with the issuance of $135 million Rule 144A and Regulation S offering by P2021 Rig Co.
- Advised DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. in secondary offering of Class A Common Stock
- Represented subsidiaries of Time Warner Inc. as selling stockholders in sale of Class A Common Stock of Time Warner Telecom Inc.
- Advised Citigroup Global Markets Limited, Goldman Sachs International, Morgan Stanley & Co. International Limited and the other Underwriters in global initial public offering and private placement of Common Units of KKR Private Equity Investors, L.P. listed on Euronext Amsterdam
- Advised JPMorgan Securities Ltd. and the other designated Underwriters in execution of, and various takedowns under, the JPMorgan Chase & Co. Euro Medium Term Note Program
- Advised Credit Suisse First Boston and the other Underwriters in the high yield offering of senior notes by Riverdeep Group Limited pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S
- Advised UBS Limited and the other Underwriters in U.S. counsel in rights offering by Prudential plc.
- Advised America Latina Logistica S.A. (ALL) and the Selling Shareholders in global initial public offering and secondary offering of Preferred Shares and Global Depositary Shares pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S
- Advised JPMorgan Chase & Co. and the other Underwriters in high yield offering of Senior Notes by Primedia Inc. pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S.
- Advised Credit Suisse First Boston in acquisition of shares of Common Stock from the Selling Shareholders of United Rentals, Inc.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised Global Aero Logistics Inc. (formerly New ATA Holdings Inc.) in its acquisition of World Air Holdings, Inc.
- Advised Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in the sale of Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to Abbott Laboratories.
- Advised IBM Corporation in its acquisition of the Relational Database business of Informix Corporation and its acquisition of Mainspring, Inc.
- Advised WorldCom, Inc. in its acquisition of Intermedia Communications, Inc.
- Advised Olin Corporation in its acquisition of Monarch Brass & Copper Corp.
- Advised Seat Pagine Gialle S.p.A. in its acquisition of NetCreations, Inc.
- Advised Time Warner Inc. in its merger of equals with America Online, Inc.
- Advised Court TV in its acquisition of Darkhorse Multimedia, Inc.
Banking & Finance
- Advised JPMorgan Chase Bank as arranger in amendment and restatement of Senior Secured Credit Agreement of Advance Auto Parts, Inc.
- Advised @viso Limited in put option transaction in respect of shares of PeoplePC Inc.
- Advised drugstore.com, Inc. in strategic transaction with Rite Aid Corporation and General Nutrition Companies, Inc.
Prior to joining Willkie, Angela was a partner at Jones Day.
*Angela advised on some of these matters at her prior firm.