Benjamin Nixon is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. Benjamin’s focus includes capital market transactions, including representing issuers and investment banks in registered offerings, private placements, and tender and exchange offers.
Benjamin has recently advised on the following significant matters:
- FIS in its approximately $8.2 billion multi-tranche senior notes offerings and its approximately $2.9 billion multi-tranche senior notes offering and concurrent tender offers
- MetLife, Inc. in its public offerings of ¥151.7 billion senior notes
- Securian Financial Group, Inc. in its offerings of $500 million of senior notes
- The Allstate Corporation in its offerings of $500 million of floating rate senior notes and $500 million of fixed rate noncumulative preferred stock in the form of depository shares
- MetLife, Inc. in its offering of $500 million of fixed-to-floating rate noncumulative preferred stock
- The dealer managers in The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America’s exchange of its surplus notes
- The underwriters and dealer manager in Radian Group Inc.'s offering of $450 million senior notes and related tender offers
- Protective Life Corporation in its offering of $500 million of subordinated debentures
- MetLife, Inc. in its spin-off of Brighthouse Financial Inc. and the resale of preferred interests in Brighthouse Holdings, LLC
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc. in its offering of $3.0 billion in senior notes temporarily guaranteed by MetLife, Inc.
- The Allstate Corporation in its offering of $1.25 billion of senior notes
- Offerings of funding agreement-backed notes involving The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York Life Insurance Company, Protective Life Insurance Company and The Prudential Insurance Company of America
- Commercial Paper programs for The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc., The Prudential Insurance Company of America and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company