Kyle Mathews is an associate in the Litigation Department of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in Washington. Kyle has extensive experience in compliance, enforcement, and internal investigations, as well as complex civil litigation matters representing clients in the communications, media, and insurance industries. Kyle has represented clients before the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission and conducted complex, worldwide internal corporate investigations in matters involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, False Claims Act, accounting fraud, and similar issues. Kyle has extensive experience advising clients regarding anti-corruption due diligence and compliance policies and procedures.
In 2019, Kyle was recognized as a “Future Leader for LGBT+ Equality” at the Chambers Diversity and Inclusion Awards: USA 2019, and his pro bono efforts contributed to Willkie being honored with an Immigration Equality Safe Haven Award based on the firm’s “lifesaving work for LGBTQ and HIV-positive asylum seekers.”
Kyle has advised on the following significant matters:
- Represented a former high level executive before the DOJ and SEC in a matter involving allegations of accounting fraud.
- Represented a multinational advertising and public relations agency in a DOJ investigation of alleged False Claims Act violations, resulting in a declination on behalf of the client.
- Represented a global media and entertainment company in arbitration, obtaining a significant settlement on behalf of the client.
- Conducted due diligence for a multinational oil and gas corporation involving an international consortium and local business partners in a high-risk country.
- Represented a Fortune 500 telecommunications company in federal litigation challenging the denial of a regulatory license, obtaining a significant settlement on behalf of the client.
- Conducted an internal investigation and review of compliance policies for a global insurer and financial services corporation.
- Conducted an internal investigation for multinational pharmaceutical company involving alleged FCPA violations in Europe.
- Represented pro bono Immigration Equality in filing an amicus in support of a motion to reopen.
- Represented pro bono individual Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals applicants and recipients in federal litigation seeking to reinstate the DACA program and protect the privacy of individuals who submitted sensitive personal information to government officials as part of DACA applications.