Yev advises clients on a variety of insurance corporate, regulatory and compliance matters, including:
- mergers and acquisitions of insurance companies, insurance agencies and other entities regulated under state insurance laws;
- state insurance holding company law compliance, including enterprise risk management reporting, intercompany transactions, and annual regulatory disclosures;
- insurance company formation;
- insurance company licensure, corporate amendments and withdrawals;
- surplus lines placements;
- unauthorized insurance placements, including independent procurements, industrial insured exemptions, and marine, aviation, and transportation exemptions;
- compensation-related matters, including laws relating to commission-sharing, referrals, rebates and inducements;
- insurance company investments, including compliance with derivative use plan requirements and derivative transaction restrictions and limitations;
- insurance producer, adjuster, TPA and MGA licensing and exemptions;
- insurance company redomestications;
- rate and policy form filings and exemptions;
- reinsurance transactions, including assumption reinsurance advice, reduced collateral advice, and XXX/AXXX Framework matters;
- Affordable Care Act compliance; and
- insurance company demutualizations.
Yev also monitors and advises on a variety of state and federal insurance regulatory initiatives, including activities undertaken by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners and undertakings pursued by federal agencies under mandate of the Dodd-Frank Act.