Markus Lauer is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, focusing on public take-overs as well as on complex M&A and corporate transactions. He has broad experience in wide range of transactional matters in the real estate and automotive sectors. Markus assists with joint ventures, general corporate and governance matters and has in depth knowledge of capital markets and related regulatory issues.
Markus speaks German, English, Spanish and French.
- Constellation Pharmaceuticals in connection with MorphoSys’s acquisition of Constellation Pharmaceuticals
- Time Manufacturing, a portfolio company of the Sterling Group, in the acquisition of the Ruthmann Group, a manufacturer of aerial work platforms in Germany and Italy
- Genstar with respect to the sale of ISS to Deutsche Börse for €1.9 billion
- Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co., Ltd. with respect to a 40 million capital increase of Grammer AG
- ADO Properties on the sale of 6,000 residential real estate units to Gewobag for approximately €920 million
- Mittal Investments on the sale of ESCADA, the German luxury brand, to Regent
- Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co., Ltd, a Chinese automotive component supplier, with respect to the integration of Grammer AG, a German automotive components supplier
- Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co., Ltd. on its €600 million public takeover offer regarding Grammer AG
- Ningbo Jifeng Auto Parts Co. Ltd. on the acquisition of a convertible bond and its strategic partnership with Grammer AG
- Vonovia on its public takeover of Austrian peer conwert Immobilien Invest
- REWE Group on its joint venture with REWE Dortmund
- Vonovia on its cross-border merger with GAGFAH S.A.
- ICBC on the financing and it's financing confirmation under the German Securities Acquisition and Takeover Act (WpÜG) of the successful public takeover by Midea Group, China's biggest home appliance manufacturer, of German robotics specialist, KUKA
- Cording Real Estate Group and SSWZ Partners on the sale of 1,800 residential real estate units to DOMICIL Beteiligungs GmbH for approximately €300 million
- HSE Entsorgung AG on its sale of Environ to Skion GmbH
- Vonovia on its public takeover of GAGFA S.A.
- Deutsche Wohnen on its public takeover of GSW Immobilien
- Vonovia, ICBC, Italmobiliare, Deutsche Wohnen, McKesson, Citibank and UBS in recent public takeover situations
- Shareholders of Novaled AG in the sale of their shares to Samsung's subsidiary Cheil Industries for € 260 million
- Deutsche Wohnen AG on its €1.23 billion acquisition of the BauBeCon Group
- Rhône Funds on their €900 million acquisition of Evonik’s Carbon Black Business
- MSREF funds on their acquisition of the Sony Center (Berlin) from Sony
- Cinven Limited on its €500 million acquisition of JOST Holding GmbH
- First Solar on its €160 million investment in a German photovoltaic park
- Whitehall on its acquisition of LEG Immobilien
- ThyssenKrupp on the sale of residential and commercial real estate portfolios
* Markus advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.
Prior to joining Willkie, Markus was a partner in another international law firm.