Dan Kozusko is deputy general counsel to Willkie Farr & Gallagher. He was previously an associate in the Litigation Department, where his focus included commercial, securities, and financial litigation and representing clients in regulatory investigations.
Dan has advised on the following significant matters:
- In re Cogdell Shareholder Litig. Represent REIT acquiror in $765 million acquisition. (Maryland & North Carolina)
- In re Transatlantic Shareholders Litig. Represented potential acquiror in litigation brought by shareholders and competing bidder arising out of $3 billion merger. (Delaware)
- LLDVF, L.P. v. DiNicola, et al., United States District Court, District of New Jersey (Linares, J). Representation of former CEO and CFO of Linens in connection with action by noteholder for damages under the securities laws and common law in connection with purchase of notes.
- CML V, LLC v. Bax, et al, Delaware Supreme Court and Chancery Court (Laster, VC). Representation of former CEO and CFO of JetDirect in connection with derivative action filed by lender seeking $45 million.
- QoS Networks Ltd. v. Warburg, Pincus & Co. (Ga. Ct. App. 2008). Affirming summary judgment based on res judicata and collateral estoppel.
- O’Neill v. Warburg Pincus & Co. (1st Dep’t 2007). Affirming summary judgment dismissing claims for breach of fiduciary duty against majority stockholder in closely held corporation.
- Warburg, Pincus Equity Partners, L.P.v. Keane, 802 N.Y.S.2d 420 (1st Dep't 2005). Affirming summary judgment.