Jennifer Kim is counsel in the Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits Department. Jennifer’s practice focuses on the executive compensation and employee benefits aspects of corporate transactions, securities laws relating to executive compensation and employee benefits arrangements, and preparation of executive employment agreements and various types of employee benefit arrangements. She counsels both public and private companies on matters involving executive compensation and employee benefits.
Jennifer’s experience includes handling the executive compensation and employee benefits aspects of the following transactions:
- FFL Partners and its portfolio company Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) in the sale of CPI to Wendel
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its agreement to acquire CoAdvantage, one of the nation’s top privately held professional employer organizations (PEO) and provider of strategic human resources solutions
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS) in its $42 billion agreement to merge with Worldpay, Inc., a global leader in eCommerce and payments
- Victory Capital in its acquisitions of USAA Asset Management Company
- Protective Life Corporation in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company’s individual life insurance and annuity business
- Protective Life Corporation in its agreement with Liberty Mutual Insurance Group and Lincoln Financial Group to acquire substantially all of the individual life and annuity business of Liberty Life Assurance Co. of Boston through a $1.17 billion reinsurance deal in conjunction with Lincoln Financial Group’s acquisition of Liberty Life Assurance Co. of Boston from Liberty Mutual Insurance Group for $3.3 billion
- Warburg Pincus in its sale of online deal site Slickdeals to Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division and Hearst
- FFL Partners (Friedman Fleischer & Lowe) and Lee Equity in acquisition of Summit Behavioral Healthcare
- BB&T Corporation (BBT) in its acquisition of Regions Insurance Group from Regions Financial Corporation (RF)
- Choice Hotels in its acquisition of extended-stay hotel brand WoodSpring Suites
- Colony Capital, Inc. in its $17 billion merger of equals with NorthStar Asset Management Group Inc. and NorthStar Realty Finance Corp. to create Colony NorthStar, Inc., with $58 billion of assets under management
- Insight Venture Partners in its investment in Bullhorn, Inc.
- Insight Venture Partners in its acquisition of Diligent, a take-private transaction valued at approximately $624 million
- Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. in its acquisition of SunGard in a deal valued at $9.1 billion
- Calvert Street Capital Partners in its acquisition of Abrasive Form, a leading national supplier of industrial grinding services and products
- Victory Capital in its acquisitions of RS Investment Management
Prior to joining Willkie in 2015, Jennifer was an associate at a global law firm, Linklaters, LLP.