Gil Kiener is counsel in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, focusing on both domestic and international mergers and acquisitions as well as private equity transactions for listed and non-listed companies and investment funds. Ms. Kiener is fluent in French and English.
Ms. Kiener’s significant matters include advising:
- Five Arrows Principal Investments and IK Investment Partners on agreement for Insight Partners to invest in iad, the leading French digital network of real estate agents.
- STOA on its acquisition of a 12.3% equity stake, alongside Acciona, in Concessionária Linha Universidade S.A (Linha Uni), the project company to whom the São Paulo Metro Line 6 concession contract was awarded.
- Ardian on the acquisition of a majority stake in AD Education, a European education platform specialized in arts, digital and audiovisual.
- Vaultier7 in its investment in Joone, a French-based company specializing in eco-conscious baby and mother-care products.
- Vaultier7 in its equity stake in Vestiaire Collective, a leading global platform for desirable pre-owned fashion.
- Mailjet and its shareholders, including Alven Capital, Iris Capital, Seventure Partners, on its acquisition by its US competitor Mailgun, a leading email delivery platform backed by Thoma Bravo.
- Latour Capital on the refinancing and capital reorganization of Syclef, a leading provider for the design, installation and maintenance services for commercial and industrial refrigeration systems in France.
- PAI Partners on the acquisition of StellaGroup, the market leader in France for the production of doors, gates, shutters and enclosures from Intermediate Capital Group IK Investment Partners in connection with its acquisition, through its IK VIII Fund, of a majority stake in Mademoiselle Desserts, a French leader in the frozen bakery industry, from its current shareholders, including Equistone Partners Europe, Céréa Partenaire, Azulis Capital and the management team.
- A2iA in connection with its acquisition by Mitek, a global leader in digital identity verification solutions.
- CVC Capital Partners Strategic Opportunities in connection with its investment in Sebia, a world-leading provider of clinical protein electrophoresis equipment.
- Leading African music and entertainment company TRACE, TRACE's co-founder, Olivier Laouchez, and the TRACE management team in TRACE's acquisition by TPG Growth.
- IK Investment Partners in connection with the acquisition, through its IK Small Cap I Fund, of a significant minority stake in Third Bridge Group, a fast-growing primary research provider with a global footprint