Albert Jou is an associate in the Corporate & Financial Services Department of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP. Albert advises and represents clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions (including upstream and midstream transactions), drilling partnerships and other joint venture arrangements, project development and energy financings. He has represented and advised private equity sponsors, management teams and portfolio companies in a range of acquisition, divestiture, corporate and transactional matters.
- Represented Colony Capital in its joint venture between Colony HB2 Energy and California Resources Corporation to fund up to $500 million for the development of CRC’s flagship Elk Hills field, located in the San Joaquin Basin.
- Represented BCE-Mach LLC, a partnership between Bayou City Energy Management LLC and Mach Resources, in the acquisition of producing oil and gas properties located in Barber and Harper Counties, Kansas.
- Represented Colony Capital in its joint venture with HB2 Energy to form Colony HB2 Energy, an energy-focused investment management platform.
- Represented Newpek LLC in its sale, along with joint venture partner Pioneer Natural Resources Co., of upstream oil and gas assets located in the Sinor Nest Field (Lower Wilcox) in Live Oak County in South Texas.
- Represented BP America Production Company in its $10.5 billion acquisition of most of BHP’s onshore U.S. oil and natural gas assets, including in the Permian and Eagle Ford basins.
- Represented a U.S. based privately owned oil and gas company in an acquisition valued over $250 million structured as a sale of membership interests, resulting in the indirect transfer of upstream assets in the Oklahoma STACK play.
* Albert advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie.