Garrett Johnston is counsel in the Corporate & Financial Services Department. Garrett focuses on complex mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, divestitures, recapitalizations, joint ventures, and securities transactions, including mezzanine, minority and venture capital investments. He regularly represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies and has represented private and public companies. His industry experience includes industrials, energy, technology, life sciences and health care.
- symplr, a portfolio company of The CapStreet Group, in its recapitalization led by Pamlico Capital and existing investors.
- Second Lien Agent in connection with the Chapter 11 restructuring of Samson Resources Corporation.
- Cameron International Corporation in dispositions, including:
- the 2014 disposition of its reciprocating compression business to General Electric for $550 million; and
- the 2014 disposition of its centrifugal compression business to Ingersoll Rand for $850 million.
- Rock Hill Capital, a Houston-based private equity firm, in various portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions.
- Blackhawk Specialty Tools, LLC, a specialty tool manufacturer and service provider to the oil and gas industry, in its sale to Bain Capital.
- ConGlobal Industries in its sale to a portfolio company of the Carlyle Group.
Clyde Blowers Capital, a Scotland-based private equity firm, in multiple acquisitions.
- MML Capital and investor group in the acquisition of Apache Industrial Services, Inc., a specialty maintenance service provider to the oil and gas, refining, petrochemical and power generation industries.
- Issuers and underwriters in public offerings and private placements of debt and equity, including follow-on offerings and venture capital financings.
- Omega Engineering, Inc., a manufacturer and marketer of products and customized solutions in the process measurement and control industry, in its sale to Spectris plc.
*Garrett advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie.