David Jansen is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services and Asset Management Departments. He focuses his practice on advising clients on financial services regulatory and asset management matters as well as on M&A transactions in the financial sector. David provides counsel on banking and insurance regulatory matters, and also advises asset management companies on the structuring and launch of investment funds. He also advises institutional investors, family offices and high-net-worth individuals on their investment management matters. In addition, he regularly represents clients in proceedings before European and German regulatory authorities.
His experience includes the following representative matters*:
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. on its acquisition of NN Investment Partners from NN Group N.V.
- Deutsche Bank AG on the reorganisation of its asset management business and the IPO of DWS
- Viridium Group GmbH & Co. KG on the development of a multinational fund platform for direct lending investments
- Zurich Group Germany on the extension of its strategic partnership with DWS Group in the unit-linked retail business in Germany
- Cinven on the acquisition of Generali Lebensversicherung AG (now Proxalto Lebensversicherung AG)
- London Stock Exchange Group plc on its planned merger of equals with Deutsche Börse AG
- PATRIZIA Immobilien AG on the acquisition of Triuva from IVG
- Various asset managers on a variety of matters such as the domestic and cross-border distribution, negotiation and conclusion of material outsourcing agreements and the structuring of investment funds for institutional and retail investors.
*David advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie in 2022.
Prior to joining Willkie, David was an attorney at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer.